Options

Wedding Photo Blog Recommendations?

heatherfeatherheatherfeather Registered Users Posts: 2,738 Major grins
edited June 25, 2010 in Weddings
I have been meaning to begin blogging all my weddings and other shoots but choosing which blog platform to use is tricky. I tried SM Journal, but the formatting just makes me craaazy so I end up not using it.

-What do you use?
-What do you like about it?
-What have you tried, and switched from?
-What features should I watch for when choosing? What should I avoid?

Thanks everyone in advance!:lust:bow

Comments

• Options
    Moogle PepperMoogle Pepper Registered Users Posts: 2,950 Major grins
    edited June 24, 2010
    Wordpress! Very customizable and easy to use!

I have been blogging since 2003 using Xanga to Blogspot to Wordpress!
    Food & Culture.
    www.tednghiem.com
  • Options
    run_kmcrun_kmc Registered Users Posts: 263 Major grins
    edited June 24, 2010
    I've always used Wordpress for everything. The plugin system makes it easy to tailor to a photography blog. The top two links in my signature are Wordpress photography blogs with links to their respective themes at the bottom of the site. The third link in my signature is a useless Wordpress blog with a simple theme I built myself. If you do decide on Wordpress, I'd recommend using a pre-built theme.
  • Options
    quarkquark Registered Users Posts: 510 Major grins
    edited June 24, 2010
    I use Blogger. I like it because it integrates well with google analytics (so you can get very good web-statistics). It is very easy to customize to look like your main photo site. I have never tried other options but I am happy with Blogger.
    heather dillon photography - Pacific Northwest Portraits and Places
    facebook
    photoblog

Quarks are one of the two basic constituents of matter in the Standard Model of particle physics.
  • Options
    AgnieszkaAgnieszka Registered Users, Retired Mod Posts: 3,263 Major grins
    edited June 24, 2010
    FIIIINALLLYYYY!!! clap.gif Oh my gosh the day has come, I'm going to be your biggest stalker rolleyes1.gif

-What do you use? - WORDPRESS! I started of with Blogger, but Wordpress is way more customizable. I'd recommend anybody to do a wordpress blog!

-What do you like about it?
    Oh so many things, first of all the customization, it's super easy to use, once you uploaded all the right files to your FTP, nice admin page ... I love everything about it. Also get www.prophotoblogs.com, it's SO worth it! clap.gif

Sooooo, when can I start stalking?? :D
  • Options
    tenoverthenosetenoverthenose Registered Users Posts: 815 Major grins
    edited June 24, 2010
    I used blogger, which was great but I grew out of it. Now I use Movable Type which is pretty solid. But my main reason for going with MT was that it's what my designer set me up with :) Wordpress is probably what I would use if I did it all on my own. There are lots of great and customizable templates out there. Of course I have to plug my team at www.intothedarkroom.com for some great templates (and excellent photo uploader).
  • Options
    heatherfeatherheatherfeather Registered Users Posts: 2,738 Major grins
    edited June 24, 2010
    Thanks all! EXACTLY the info I was looking for. Maybe I'll work on it more tomorrow, but I think Prophoto and Wordpress are the combo I'll use. I love customizablitiy! clap.gif

And Agnieszka... you are crazy, but I love to be a member of your mutual admiration society! iloveyou.gif

Anyone else can feel free to pipe up, since nothing is official yet. thumb.gif
  • Options
    mpauliempaulie Registered Users Posts: 303 Major grins
    edited June 25, 2010
    That seems the way to go for photogs. I find sometimes with wordpress and photographers that there are too many posts on the first page and it takes forever to load. I'm not on a slow connection by any means, just something too look out for.

Can't wait to see your work put up!