Options

Processing frustration (or numerical values in PS/LR?)

2»

Comments

• Options
    BradfordBennBradfordBenn Registered Users Posts: 2,506 Major grins
    edited September 16, 2010
    divamum wrote: »
    Wow - glad to see this thread still active!

As I said elsewhere, one of my challenges is that I'm offering "print-ready" files which also have to be useable as web images. Once they leave me, I have absolutely no control over how they will be used - they may go into programs, brochures, be used on posters, turned into 8x10 headshot prints etc etc. Hence why I'm trying to develop a paradigm for myself. I think my best bet is to go with a SM calibration print and use that as a reference while editing on my own monitor - I can't edit for EVERY printer out there, but at least that way I can be sure that I'm appropriate for at least one, and therefore (hopefully) in the ballpark for others. It's a start, at least.

Greetings Divamum, sorry for the late response. I have a little suggestion for you. I did edit to the SM calibration prints and got back good results. However when I printed those prints on an inkjet at home and a laser printer at the office they looked very wrong. I am not sure if it is the color management of the consumer photo printers. You may want to ask the person if they are planning to use them for web, print, high end print. Another idea is to possibly use Lightroom to output multiple files easily. So you can set up export settings for Print, Web, Home Print... etc in the LR Export Presets. Do all your edits perhaps for High End Prints then go to Export the tools. I am not sure it will do all that you need but you can do different sharpening and color spaces, as well as resizing. Just an idea.
    -=Bradford

Pictures | Website | Blog | Twitter | Contact