Options

Arrange photos is messed up

marlinspikemarlinspike Registered Users Posts: 2,095 Major grins
edited December 9, 2005 in SmugMug Support
For some reason that little box that is supposed to be on the left hand side in the arrange photos view appears in the middle of the page. Any ideas?
Thanks,
Richard

Comments

• Options
    JamesJWegJamesJWeg Registered Users Posts: 795 Major grins
    edited August 22, 2005
    For some reason that little box that is supposed to be on the left hand side in the arrange photos view appears in the middle of the page. Any ideas?
    Thanks,
    Richard
    I had that happen before in IE, I think clearing the cache/cookies etc fixed it.

James.
  • Options
    edited August 22, 2005
    Well, that didn't fix my issue. I've never had this happen before the new format, and this is the first time I've tried the arrange photos feature since the new format.
    Richard
  • Options
    {JT}{JT} Registered Users Posts: 1,016 Major grins
    edited August 22, 2005
    We have not touched the arrange photo tools in several months, I would try clearing cache again and restarting IE.
    Well, that didn't fix my issue. I've never had this happen before the new format, and this is the first time I've tried the arrange photos feature since the new format.
    Richard
  • Options
    edited August 22, 2005
    I did it again, still no dice. In firefox that little box thats supposed to be on the far left is closer to being where it should be, but it still covers half of the first column.
    Richard
  • Options
    BarbBarb Administrators Posts: 3,352 SmugMug Employee
    edited August 22, 2005
    I did it again, still no dice. In firefox that little box thats supposed to be on the far left is closer to being where it should be, but it still covers half of the first column.
    Richard

It's doing it for me also. In Safari and in Firefox. Doesn't cover half of the first column, but does cover some:

33120451-M.jpg
    Barb
    Smug since 2006
    SmugMug Help
    PhotoscapeDesign
  • Options
    jfriendjfriend Registered Users Posts: 8,097 Major grins
    edited August 22, 2005
    Same problem for me
    It's doing it for me also. In Safari and in Firefox. Doesn't cover half of the first column, but does cover some:

33120451-M.jpg
    Same problem visible for me too in Firefox on Windows XP. I haven't customized anything related to the new CSS changes.
    --John
    HomepagePopular
    JFriend's javascript customizationsSecrets for getting fast answers on Dgrin
    Always include a link to your site when posting a question
  • Options
    MrBook2MrBook2 Registered Users Posts: 211 Major grins
    edited August 22, 2005
    Same issue here
    It is also doing it for me using Opera 8.01 under linux. Also, the box seems to float now. It stays with me as I scroll up and down. I don't remember it doing that before. I thought it was stuck to the upper left hand corner of the page before. I might be wrong though.

--Aaron

http://mrbook2.smugmug.com
    Nikon D200, usually with 18-200VR or 50mm f/1.8D
    Ubuntu 9.04, Bibblepro, GIMP, Argyllcms
    Blog at http://losthighlights.blogspot.com/
  • Options
    JamesJWegJamesJWeg Registered Users Posts: 795 Major grins
    edited August 22, 2005
    Welll, I went to find the thread I did on it, here it is but it is no help other than another screen shot

http://www.dgrin.com/showthread.php?t=9256

I thought we found a cure, but then again I don't use IE anymore ether.

James.
  • Options
    BarbBarb Administrators Posts: 3,352 SmugMug Employee
    edited August 22, 2005
    JamesJWeg wrote:
    Welll, I went to find the thread I did on it, here it is but it is no help other than another screen shot

http://www.dgrin.com/showthread.php?t=9256

I thought we found a cure, but then again I don't use IE anymore ether.

James.

I'd LOVE to blame it on IE - Laughing.gif. But I don't have IE. Just Safari and Firefox on my Mac. After looking at your screenshot, I won't complain with a little bit of overlap!
    Barb
    Smug since 2006
    SmugMug Help
    PhotoscapeDesign
  • Options
    jamescalderjamescalder Registered Users Posts: 61 Big grins
    edited August 23, 2005
    i've had the problem (on latest IE) of the "arrange photos" tool box appearing in the middle of the page since i joined SM 8 months ago, so on that issue it doesn't seem to be connected with the recent changes.

usually, maximizing and restoring the IE window makes the tool box jump over to the left (albeit overlapping more now than it did in the past, which i hadn't noticed until recently but i'm sometimes pretty oblivious!)

ne_nau.gif

j
  • Options
    edited August 29, 2005
    Did you smugmug people ever look into this? It's pretty poor if a website doesn't work in IE which is by far the most widely used browser for PCs.
    Richard
  • Options
    edited August 29, 2005
    It might help to know that the box only overlaps a tiny portion of landscape oriented photos in the first column in IE if you don't maximize the window (i.e. have it in some size smaller than maximize). In maximize it covers the entire middle column. In firefox it also covers some of the first row. I really don't remember it doing this when I first joined.
  • Options
    edited August 29, 2005
    This has been fixed and will be out this week hopefully.
    It might help to know that the box only overlaps a tiny portion of landscape oriented photos in the first column in IE if you don't maximize the window (i.e. have it in some size smaller than maximize). In maximize it covers the entire middle column. In firefox it also covers some of the first row. I really don't remember it doing this when I first joined.
  • Options
    edited August 29, 2005
    w00t

Now my only other suggestion with website structure is to perhaps frame or some other way make it so lets say you are viewing in smugmug view and have scrolled slightly down the page to show the whole image, when you click next, keep the same amount of scrolling rather than going back to the top.
  • Options
    Techman1Techman1 Registered Users Posts: 155 Major grins
    edited December 9, 2005
    Thanks,
    Richard
    I still get this on occasion. This morning, I keep getting it on a new private gallery. Did anyone ever come up with a solution to it? Yes, I'm using IE 6.xx on a Windows XP OS. I know IE's not popular, but it is the number one browser used by my clients. I've cleared the cache and watched it reload the thumbnails (this is a large gallery) and the "Move Box" remains in the center and blocks the view of a whole column of thumbnails.

I typically get this when trying to arrange photos on a gallery with a large number of images (200+).

I did a search, but this was the only one that seemed to address this issue and was the most current I could find.

Any new ideas? ne_nau.gifheadscratch.gifmwink.gif

Thanks,
    Fred
  • Options
    AndyAndy Registered Users Posts: 50,016 Major grins
    edited December 9, 2005
    Techman1 wrote:
    I still get this on occasion. This morning, I keep getting it on a new private gallery. Did anyone ever come up with a solution to it? Yes, I'm using IE 6.xx on a Windows XP OS. I know IE's not popular, but it is the number one browser used by my clients. I've cleared the cache and watched it reload the thumbnails (this is a large gallery) and the "Move Box" remains in the center and blocks the view of a whole column of thumbnails.

I typically get this when trying to arrange photos on a gallery with a large number of images (200+).

I did a search, but this was the only one that seemed to address this issue and was the most current I could find.

Any new ideas? ne_nau.gifheadscratch.gifmwink.gif

Thanks,
    Fred

Hi Fred, sorry you had this trouble today! I'll make sure JT sees this.
  • Options
    edited December 9, 2005
    I can't seem to replicate this, can you share your exact version of IE you are using?
    Andy wrote:
    Hi Fred, sorry you had this trouble today! I'll make sure JT sees this.
  • Options
    dmcdmc Registered Users Posts: 427 Major grins
    edited December 9, 2005
    Repeatable for me everytime
    {JT} wrote:
    I can't seem to replicate this, can you share your exact version of IE you are using?
    It does it everytime to me
    47656912-L.jpg

sorting 143 galleries (seems like it didn't do this when I had fewer galleries)
    IE Version 6.0.2800.1106 - Windows 2000

If I resize my browser, or close out the Favorites pain (which causes a resize) then the sort box moves to the left like it should
  • Options
    edited December 9, 2005
    Yeah, it does it for me, but if I do restore (i.e. not minimized and not maximized) and then maximize the window the arrange bar gets put in the proper place.
  • Options
    Techman1Techman1 Registered Users Posts: 155 Major grins
    edited December 9, 2005
    {JT} wrote:
    JT,

Thanks for looking at this. I'm running the same version as DMC above posted. It is: IE 6.0.2800.1106.XPSP1.020828-1920IC on a Windows XP PC. I've also encountered this on an older version of IE on another PC running Windows 98SE. It doesn't do it everytime for me though, although it seems to be more frequent than when I first started using Smugmug.

Anyway, thanks for looking into this. It's not a major show stopper, but it does cause a loss of productivity trying to get the box to move to the left where it belongs (sometimes numerous trys).

Regards,
    Fred

p.s. - Thanks Andy for bringing this to JT's attention!!!