LCD (light) scratch remedy?

AnsonAnson Registered Users Posts: 207 Major grins
edited August 23, 2005 in Cameras
any possibility of polishing, (etc.) a light scratch from the LCD

thanks

Comments

• Red BaronRed Baron Registered Users Posts: 53 Big grins
    edited August 23, 2005
    I'm assuming you're talking about the rear LCD and not the LCD on top of the camera. I'm not sure of the make of the camera you're referring to but, where Canon DSLRs are concerned, the cost of replacing the rear LCD cover (the LCD is actually covered by a plastic cover) is about $10US. Replacing this LCD cover is a do-it-yourself job and I've seen step-by-step instructions posted on the net. For that price, I would go ahead and attempt to polish out the scratch and, if I make a mess of things, I can replace the cover for a nominal cost.
    Anson wrote:

thanks
  • herionherion Registered Users Posts: 149 Major grins
    edited August 23, 2005
    Removing a scratch
    Anson wrote:

thanks
    Try using Colgate or Crest tooth-PASTE (not tooth-GEL). Moisten your finger, put a small dollop on your finger and rub around gently. You may have to do it a few times, but it works wonders.
  • Matthew SavilleMatthew Saville Registered Users, Retired Mod Posts: 3,352 Major grins
    edited August 23, 2005
    herion wrote:
    Try using Colgate or Crest tooth-PASTE (not tooth-GEL). Moisten your finger, put a small dollop on your finger and rub around gently. You may have to do it a few times, but it works wonders.
    For the Nikon DSLR's that don't have a "permanent" LCD cover, I just use a square of high-quality packing tape. Just don't smash it on the rocks and you'll be okay as far as small scratches go, just replace it as often as you want at practically zero cost! Oh and don't forget to leave a little extra, folded-over "tab" so that it's easy to peel off when you need to replace it lol.

-Matt-
    My first thought is always of light.” – Galen Rowell
    My SmugMug PortfolioMy Astro-Landscape Photo BlogDgrin Weddings Forum