Photos I love

nathanreednathanreed Registered Users Posts: 2 Beginner grinner
edited June 28, 2010 in People
I'm still a decidedly "new" photographer, but I'm really enjoying taking photos. I absolutely love the look on someone's face when I show them their picture/portrait.

Here are some of my recent favorites...

1. Emily Standing
846679711_sJ8iC-M-1.jpg

2. Emily Sitting
846724100_i4mKA-M-1.jpg

3. Sam behind a gate
831461811_mDCMm-M.jpg

4. Sam on the Ground
835533962_WpoAd-M.jpg

5. A Big Smile!
899959663_fZ6xt-M-1.jpg

6. What a Cutie!
900024204_XuabH-M-1.jpg

C&C more than welcome!

Comments

• ladytxladytx Registered Users Posts: 814 Major grins
    edited June 28, 2010
    Nice set overall.

Try to keep the head "in a clean space". Not liking the lamp behind her head nor the piano pole coming into her arm in #1, nor the plant in #2. Nice lighting in both.

Sam is a darling child. #6 is my favorite. That hair is awesome.
    LadyTX
  • nathanreednathanreed Registered Users Posts: 2 Beginner grinner
    edited June 28, 2010
    ladytx wrote: »
    Nice set overall.

Try to keep the head "in a clean space". Not liking the lamp behind her head nor the piano pole coming into her arm in #1, nor the plant in #2. Nice lighting in both.

Sam is a darling child. #6 is my favorite. That hair is awesome.

Thanks for the feedback! I hadn't thought about the piano pole, or the plant, really, but you're right, of course. I could easily have moved something or re-framed the shot. Will try to keep that in mind in the future.

The shots of Emily were lit with a single softbox and bounced, on-camera flash.

Samantha was born with the hair, believe it or not! #3 and #4 were taken at 1 month.. #5 and #6 at 3 months... Her Mom is keeping me busy -- I think she's almost ashamed to ask me for more photos. :D