Options

Notification of sales-How long does it take?

Kevin VoglerKevin Vogler Registered Users Posts: 2 Beginner grinner
edited August 23, 2005 in SmugMug Support
I had a client place an order last evening and it still doesn't show as a sale. The previous sale seemed to show up pretty quickly. How long does it take for a sale to show in my control panel? The client is very sure that they completed the transaction but hasn't been able to check for email confirmation yet.

Thanks for your assistance
Kevin Vogler

Comments

• Options
    SystemSystem Registered Users Posts: 8,186 moderator
    edited August 23, 2005
    I'm curious about this too. I ordered from my pro site myself just to test it, and no record of sales show at all. I read the help section on this but it appears all is turned on. Should this be directed to SM customer service directly? Thanks, Shane

I had a client place an order last evening and it still doesn't show as a sale. The previous sale seemed to show up pretty quickly. How long does it take for a sale to show in my control panel? The client is very sure that they completed the transaction but hasn't been able to check for email confirmation yet.

Thanks for your assistance
    Kevin Vogler
  • Options
    marlinspikemarlinspike Registered Users Posts: 2,095 Major grins
    edited August 23, 2005
    If you bought from your own site you bought at at-cost pricing, and therefore it won't be recorded.
    Richard
  • Options
    edited August 23, 2005
    Hi marlinspike, I just got the following email from SM support staff:

"Your sale most likely didn't show up on your records because you ordered the pictures while logged into your site. When you are logged in to your site, you do not pay your custom prices but you pay the default smugmug prices. The system does not track pro sale orders that are made with the default smugmug prices. Only sales that are made with your custom prices are recorded for you sales statistics."

I assume that this is what happened as when I logged out and cleared the cache, opened a new browser, and added photos to my cart, they showed up with custom pricing. So, you gotta be logged out and it will record.

I also asked some other questions that are not discussed on the website help page and if they are interesting, I'll post the replies, thanks for the note, Shane

If you bought from your own site you bought at at-cost pricing, and therefore it won't be recorded.
    Richard
  • Options
    Kevin VoglerKevin Vogler Registered Users Posts: 2 Beginner grinner
    edited August 23, 2005
    After much quizing of the client, I found that they hadn't hit the submit button. They hit it while we were on the phone and it showed immediately.

thanks
  • Options
    edited August 23, 2005
    Hi Kevin, and I did not mean to steal your thread!!! I'm sure someone will answer your question soon! If not, help@smugmug.com will get an answer, best, Shane

Hi marlinspike, I just got the following email from SM support staff:

"Your sale most likely didn't show up on your records because you ordered the pictures while logged into your site. When you are logged in to your site, you do not pay your custom prices but you pay the default smugmug prices. The system does not track pro sale orders that are made with the default smugmug prices. Only sales that are made with your custom prices are recorded for you sales statistics."

I assume that this is what happened as when I logged out and cleared the cache, opened a new browser, and added photos to my cart, they showed up with custom pricing. So, you gotta be logged out and it will record.

I also asked some other questions that are not discussed on the website help page and if they are interesting, I'll post the replies, thanks for the note, Shane