Options

*ENTRY* Thread DSS #54 (Visual Cliché)

Comments

• Options
    dlplumerdlplumer Registered Users Posts: 8,081 Major grins
    edited June 29, 2010
    dont put your eggs in one basket..... harr haarrr haarrr

See, I told you would get up to speed. now, pat yourself on the back rolleyes1.gif
  • Options
    TangoTango Registered Users Posts: 4,592 Major grins
    edited June 29, 2010
    dlplumer wrote: »
    See, I told you would get up to speed. now, pat yourself on the back rolleyes1.gif

your quite the card in the morning...
    Aaron Nelson
  • Options
    Angela DavisAngela Davis Registered Users Posts: 62 Big grins
    edited June 29, 2010
    Had to put my two cents in, LoL Cool Challenge Sean :ginger
  • Options
    photosbyjd2photosbyjd2 Registered Users Posts: 33 Big grins
    edited June 30, 2010
    what is the post production rules?
  • Options
    sherstonesherstone Registered Users, Retired Mod Posts: 2,356 Major grins
    edited June 30, 2010
    what is the post production rules?

As stated in the rules, (linked on the first post of this thread as well), under PHOTO ENTRIES - A Must Read!

3. Post Processing:As a digital photography challenge, there are no limits on post-processing, unless stated otherwise for a "special" challenge round.

Hope that helps.
  • Options
    edited June 30, 2010
    maybe this link will help someone...it is "about as exiciting as watching paint dry" (btw, that's the Cliche I will shoot for...)thumb.gif

http://www.westegg.com/cliche/
    Aaron Nelson
  • Options
    edited June 30, 2010
    maybe this link will help someone...

That's an awesome link Aaron! Thanks

Using the tool I found this one rolleyes1.gif

when all else fails read the directions deal.gif
  • Options
    edited June 30, 2010
    maybe this link will help someone...it is "about as exiciting as watching paint dry" (btw, that's the Cliche I will shoot for...)thumb.gif

http://www.westegg.com/cliche/

Very coolclap.gif
  • Options
    Luke J. PhotographyLuke J. Photography Registered Users Posts: 204 Major grins
    edited June 30, 2010
  • Options
    JennJenn Registered Users Posts: 1,009 Major grins
    edited June 30, 2010
    I think I'm stumped. headscratch.gif
    Jenn (from Oklahoma)
    Panasonic Lumix 10x DMC-TZ3 :photo
    Leica Mega O.I.S./28mm WIDE :smile6
  • Options
    HoofClixHoofClix Registered Users Posts: 1,156 Major grins
    edited June 30, 2010
    Jenn wrote: »
    I think I'm stumped. headscratch.gif
    That's a good one right there..
    Mark
    www.HoofClix.com / Personal Facebook / Facebook Page
    and I do believe its true.. that there are roads left in both of our shoes..
  • Options
    edited July 1, 2010
    Jenn I moved your "How about this" post to it's own thread so everyone can discuss it away from this entry thread.

It is here now.
  • Options
    edited July 1, 2010
    sherstone wrote: »
    Jenn I moved your "How about this" post to it's own thread so everyone can discuss it away from this entry thread.

It is here now.

found it .. thanks
    Jenn (from Oklahoma)
  • Options
    SeascapeSSeascapeS Registered Users Posts: 814 Major grins
    edited July 1, 2010
    I was going to take a break from this one, but got hit in the head with an idea last night that I have to follow through with. Now I can't wait!
    SandiZ
    If I could tell the story in words, I wouldn't need to lug around a camera. ~Lewis Hine
    http://sandizphotos-seascapes.smugmug.com/
  • Options
    edited July 1, 2010
    SeascapeS wrote: »
    I was going to take a break from this one, but got hit in the head with an idea last night that I have to follow through with. Now I can't wait!

Ha! kinda like "up side the head"?
    That's always good to have happen!!!

In my case, usually the Idea is just right there so close and I just dont notice it...kinda like "if it were a snake it would've bit me!" harr harrr (Am I funny yet?)
    Aaron Nelson
  • Options
    me_minihahame_minihaha Registered Users Posts: 62 Big grins
    edited July 1, 2010
    Well I'll be a monkeys uncle! my camera is broke and is in for repairs and I am very very sad, but I wont get my undies in a bind, I hope it will be an easy fix if not I will have to buy a new camera maybe one of them thar new fangdangle contraptions, for now I will just have to watch everyone else have fun. Guess it's better then a poke in the eye with a sharp stick, I know, I know two wrongs don't make a right. I just hope the repair shop isn't slower then molasses!
    Victoria
    "It's awesome to be ALIVE!"
  • Options
    edited July 1, 2010
    lol3.gif
    Aaron Nelson
  • Options
    me_minihahame_minihaha Registered Users Posts: 62 Big grins
    edited July 1, 2010
    Yep that was a knee slapper!! been this way since I was knee high to a grass hopper ya know. but then again the apple didn't fall far from the tree!
    Victoria
    "It's awesome to be ALIVE!"
  • Options
    dlscott56dlscott56 Registered Users Posts: 1,324 Major grins
    edited July 1, 2010
    Yep that was a knee slapper!! been this way since I was knee high to a grass hopper ya know. but then again the apple didn't fall far from the tree!

I count 8 shot possibilities in two posts. That's pretty good! :D
  • Options
    KinkajouKinkajou Registered Users Posts: 1,240 Major grins
    edited July 6, 2010
    raining on the cliche parade...
    So.... I happen to be a stickler for grammar, punctuation, and the like... and the incorrect use of the word 'cliche' is starting to make me antsy. Basically because I'm a big dork. There. I said it. I'm a big dork.

I think that what we are aiming for are actually idioms. A cliche is something that has been overdone and isn't interesting anymore. For example, when I first saw the title for this new challenge, I was ready for some shots of puppydogs, flowers, and babies :D

Anyway, here are some links for the folks who want to get their learnin' on:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Idiom

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cliche

Anyway, I'm sorry, I'm sorry. I held it in as long as I could!
    Webpage

Spread the love! Go comment on something!
  • Options
    edited July 6, 2010
    Kinkajou wrote: »
    So.... I happen to be a stickler for grammar, punctuation, and the like... and the incorrect use of the word 'cliche' is starting to make me antsy. Basically because I'm a big dork. There. I said it. I'm a big dork.

I think that what we are aiming for are actually idioms. A cliche is something that has been overdone and isn't interesting anymore. For example, when I first saw the title for this new challenge, I was ready for some shots of puppydogs, flowers, and babies :D

Anyway, here are some links for the folks who want to get their learnin' on:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Idiom

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cliche

Anyway, I'm sorry, I'm sorry. I held it in as long as I could!

6 of 1, half a dozen of the other rolleyes1.gif
  • Options
    edited July 6, 2010
    Okay, for you Kinkajou the challenge is "Visual idiom"

Either way this is mostly the gist of what I was hoping to see.
    "Show us your favorite phrase, expression or idea that is so well known we can see the overly used story without reading the title."

How it is titled whether correct or not is only important if no one understands what the goal is. So far everyone seems to be getting it.
    In reality I am actually looking for either of the two, I wanted it to be wide open.

Thank you for the correction though :D
  • Options
    edited July 6, 2010
    This one has been the most fun for me yet. My "idiom" or "cliche" has been cracking me up.
    SandiZ
    If I could tell the story in words, I wouldn't need to lug around a camera. ~Lewis Hine
  • Options
    KinkajouKinkajou Registered Users Posts: 1,240 Major grins
    edited July 7, 2010
    sherstone wrote: »
    How it is titled whether correct or not is only important if no one understands what the goal is. So far everyone seems to be getting it.D

15524779-Ti.gif

I just had to get it out of my system. I feel much better now :)
    Webpage

Spread the love! Go comment on something!
  • Options
    slpollettslpollett Registered Users Posts: 1,194 Major grins
    edited July 7, 2010
    Well, I thought this would be such a fun challenge for me. I couldn't wait to get crackin'. Just had to come up with an idea. But then I came home from work one day and the rear A/C unit wasn't working. We got it fixed (not too expensive!). Two days later the front A/C unit quit. (Ok...this one was pricey.) To top it off, a couple of things came up at work that created a mini-crisis at the time, my husband was trying to move offices, my daughter's summer school schedule was making it difficult to be in several places at once. To top it off, it just poured down rain all week preventing me from taking the old camera out to play.

While I'm moping around the house in a mood to take pics and watching it just pour down rain, the shoot idea became so incredibly obvious--When it rains, it pours! My husband and I must have said that to each other a half-dozen times over those few days and it never dawned on me to use that! (Talk about a 'DUH' moment!!!) I talked it over with my daughter and she agreed to be my model since I said she could stand out in the rain to do it since it wasn't lightning. As soon as we had our idea panned out......

......it quit raining and it hasn't rained a drop since! Grrrrrrr!

We have a good chance of rain tomorrow, but we will be furiously packing to leave for vacation Friday morning and I probably won't have time to shoot (if it even does rain here) or edit & post anything if I do shoot it.

Just wanted to tell everyone that I'm enjoying the cliche's or er....idioms this week. I won't be around a computer with internet once I hit the road, so I won't be able to leave comments in the gallery.

Sherry
  • Options
    dniednie Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 1,351 Major grins
    edited July 7, 2010
    slpollett wrote: »
    Well, I thought this would be such a fun challenge for me. I couldn't wait to get crackin'. Just had to come up with an idea. But then I came home from work one day and the rear A/C unit wasn't working. We got it fixed (not too expensive!). Two days later the front A/C unit quit. (Ok...this one was pricey.) <Sigh> To top it off, a couple of things came up at work that created a mini-crisis at the time, my husband was trying to move offices, my daughter's summer school schedule was making it difficult to be in several places at once. To top it off, it just poured down rain all week preventing me from taking the old camera out to play.

While I'm moping around the house in a mood to take pics and watching it just pour down rain, the shoot idea became so incredibly obvious--When it rains, it pours! My husband and I must have said that to each other a half-dozen times over those few days and it never dawned on me to use that! (Talk about a 'DUH' moment!!!) I talked it over with my daughter and she agreed to be my model since I said she could stand out in the rain to do it since it wasn't lightning. As soon as we had our idea panned out......

We have a good chance of rain tomorrow, but we will be furiously packing to leave for vacation Friday morning and I probably won't have time to shoot (if it even does rain here) or edit & post anything if I do shoot it.

Just wanted to tell everyone that I'm enjoying the cliche's or er....idioms this week. I won't be around a computer with internet once I hit the road, so I won't be able to leave comments in the gallery.

Sherry

What a shame! I hadn't even thought of that one!!
  • Options
    edited July 9, 2010
    slpollett wrote: »

Sherry

Boy can I identify with what you have been going through! We went to Las Vegas on the 22nd of June to attend my daughters wedding at the Treasure Island hotel there. She got married on their pirate ship. Laughing.gif yep... it was so much fun! :D

The wedding was on the 24th, and we came home on the 26th. BUT, the Friday before we left (the 18th), I cut my leg on my daughters bed frame trying to take a picture for the last challenge.. then that Sunday evening (the 20th) I strained my back picking up a clothes basket full of clean clothes that my sons window unit had leaked water all over. It must had been dripping for a week or two. All his clean clothes had to be re-washed so I carted them to the laundry room and when I picked up the basket I ended up hurting my low back irritating a disc which pinched my sciatica nerve in my left leg. By monday morning I couldn't hardly get out of bed (and I was leaving for vacation Tuesday afternoon!!) On top of that the AC in the living room was having issues with demon possession (it seemed) since it was spitting out water and ice about every 30 mins or so. (We've had alot of rain here too!)

Sooo... I end up in the chiropractors office Monday afternoon(the 21st), and another visit Tuesday(the 22nd) before we get on a plane to fly to Las Vegas around 4:30 that same day. To top that off.. he says "You can't pick anything up! so your husband will have to do it for you til your back heals" Guess who goes through airport security without me leaving me to have to pick up my luggage to put it on the inspection belt? The man behind me was kind enough to help me out. Laughing.gif

Is there some kind of poltergeist that roams the earth looking for people to harass who are getting ready to go on vacation? Laughing.gif

Hope you got out on vacation and are having fun now! :)
    Jenn (from Oklahoma)
  • Options
    edited July 9, 2010
    I certainly hope there are no poltergeists! I leave next Friday!
    SandiZ
  • Options
    edited July 12, 2010
    All's Well That Ends Well mwink.gif
  • Options
    edited July 12, 2010
    Dq
    Only one DQ this round

View From - Not the .... (crayons). For incomplete EXIF info, specifically a date taken.

The gallery is acting a bit strange for me this morning so my attempts to move it out of the gallery have failed. ne_nau.gif