Keely - Senior Photos

du8diedu8die Registered Users Posts: 358 Major grins
edited July 2, 2010 in People
My cousin asked me to shoot her Senior Pictures last Saturday. Here's what we ended up with. C&C Welcome!

Thanks!

1)
915790550_WDajS-M.jpg

2)
916350359_LqJE5-M.jpg

3)
916354605_kzNkK-M.jpg

4)
916351284_jb9UK-M.jpg

5)
916358471_T7PLd-M.jpg

6)
916356864_Sfsb8-M.jpg
H2 Photography - Blog - Facebook - Twitter

Despite the high cost of living, it remains popular.

Why do people post their equipment in their sig. Isn't it kind of like bragging? That having been said...

Canon 40d Gripped (x2), Rebel (Original), Canon 70-200 f/2.8 USM L, Canon 300 f/4, Tamron 28-75 f/2.8, Canon 50mm f/1.8, Canon 17-55 f/3.5-5.6, ThinkTank Airport TakeOff

Comments

• Wil DavisWil Davis Registered Users Posts: 1,692 Major grins
    edited June 28, 2010
    1. I like the framing of this one; could use either just a tiny bit of fill-in or a diffuser to lighten her eye sockets - also trim the right edge slightly to remove edge of cuff and even trim a slice off the top edge to balance the picture, and keep the aspect ratio the same.

2. Same as #1 for the eyes. Trim top and bottom edge (pic looks a bit long and thin at the moment). Hair is a bit unkempt, and the eyes could be made to look bigger using make-up (need expert advice here… …not me eek7.gif) at the moment, they're lost in the hair (IMNSHO ne_nau.gif) ; I dunno about the halo thingy either…

3. …losing her chin a little bit with the lighting.

4. Great pose and expression, although the greens are a bit overdone…

5. OK, but she looks slightly uncomfortable, and her expression not as relaxed as in #4

6. Looks a bit "film setish"; the colours are a bit weird, and the shadows look confusing (especially on her chin, guitar and legs…); the horizon needs to be fixed; the red flower is distracting me; her pose tends to draw my attention to her crotch rather than her eyes (well, OK she's not looking at the camera);

Very pretty girl (I wish my female cousins were such good-lookers! thumb.gif)

Nice job!

Thanks for sharing!

- Wil
    "…………………" - Marcel Marceau
  • SweetScenePhotoSweetScenePhoto Registered Users Posts: 41 Big grins
    edited June 28, 2010
    The 1st and 2nd are my favorites of the selection. It's neat that you incorporated her talent (guitar). But with #5 - she's making a goofy face and #6 - you can see her dirty spots - or maybe bruises on her legs.
    They are really nice shots! Thank you for sharing!
    Jasa Wolfrey
    www.sweetscenephotography.com
    Gear: Canon 7D & Rebel XSi
    Lenses: 18-55mm, EF 50mm F/1.8 II, 75-200mm, 28-135mm, 75-300mm
    Extras: Sigma EF-530 DG Super Flash, Gary Fong (white)
    Paint Shop Pro 6, Adobe Photoshop Elements 8, Adobe Lightroom 2
  • du8diedu8die Registered Users Posts: 358 Major grins
    edited June 29, 2010
    Wil Davis wrote: »
    1. I like the framing of this one; could use either just a tiny bit of fill-in or a diffuser to lighten her eye sockets - also trim the right edge slightly to remove edge of cuff and even trim a slice off the top edge to balance the picture, and keep the aspect ratio the same.

Thanks for the detailed feedback. This is the first time I've wandered outside with the flash and umbrella combo. Was trying to figure out the delicate balance between too much flash and not enough. Great catch on the crop.
    2. Same as #1 for the eyes. Trim top and bottom edge (pic looks a bit long and thin at the moment). Hair is a bit unkempt, and the eyes could be made to look bigger using make-up (need expert advice here… …not me eek7.gif) at the moment, they're lost in the hair (IMNSHO ne_nau.gif) ; I dunno about the halo thingy either…

It was windy... She still wanted to do the shots, so we went for it. As far as the halo - that's an unintended consequence of the PP. I put some color in the sky and didn't want to get too close. May be re-thinking this one.
    3. …losing her chin a little bit with the lighting.

Yep. Hadn't seen that.
    4. Great pose and expression, although the greens are a bit overdone…

Again, PP. I wanted to stretch it a bit.
    5. OK, but she looks slightly uncomfortable, and her expression not as relaxed as in #4

Agreed. She was afraid she was going to fall in. :)
    6. Looks a bit "film setish"; the colours are a bit weird, and the shadows look confusing (especially on her chin, guitar and legs…); the horizon needs to be fixed; the red flower is distracting me; her pose tends to draw my attention to her crotch rather than her eyes (well, OK she's not looking at the camera);

Again, thanks for your attention to detail. I liked the idea of the shot, but didn't like the way it was lit. So, I threw a couple of LR presets at it, and this one stuck.
    Very pretty girl (I wish my female cousins were such good-lookers! thumb.gif)

Nice job!

Thanks again!

Why do people post their equipment in their sig. Isn't it kind of like bragging? That having been said...

Canon 40d Gripped (x2), Rebel (Original), Canon 70-200 f/2.8 USM L, Canon 300 f/4, Tamron 28-75 f/2.8, Canon 50mm f/1.8, Canon 17-55 f/3.5-5.6, ThinkTank Airport TakeOff
  • du8diedu8die Registered Users Posts: 358 Major grins
    edited June 29, 2010
    The 1st and 2nd are my favorites of the selection. It's neat that you incorporated her talent (guitar). But with #5 - she's making a goofy face and #6 - you can see her dirty spots - or maybe bruises on her legs.
    They are really nice shots! Thank you for sharing!

Thanks. Yeah - soccer player. I cleaned up a bunch of the scrapes and scratches, but when I applied the LR preset, other stuff popped in.

• rhondavidrhondavid Registered Users Posts: 433 Major grins
    edited July 2, 2010
    WOW she is beautiful and poses very well. The first two are definitely may favorites as they show off those beaufitul eyes and smile. Other poses are nice but just do not have the same pop the first two do.
    David

D40
    18 - 55 kit lens
    55- 200 VR kit lens
    Lots of desires