Options

Tessa and Matt

gnoojgnooj Registered Users Posts: 92 Big grins
edited June 29, 2010 in Weddings
I shot my first wedding a couple of weeks ago for some friends. Even though I urged them to hire a real wedding photographer to
capture their day, they convinced me to shoot the wedding and everything would be fine.

It turned out, they were right. We were able to give them some images that they were happy with. And it forced me to explore a
completely different type of shooting than I'm used to.

After the wedding was over, I wasn't sure if I would shoot another one.
However, a couple of days ago I got a call to shoot another friend's wedding, this one a beach wedding in Provincetown, MA. Once again,
I urged my friend to hire a real wedding photographer. Only to hear, "Nah, It'll be fine". We'll see.

Here are a few of my favorites from Matt and Tessa's wedding a couple of weeks ago. Thanks for looking.

904762885_4fvvm-XL.jpg

904849581_sGLtc-XL.jpg

904803708_DdkC5-XL.jpg

904805945_DnHn3-XL.jpg

904938927_vcYvk-XL.jpg

904844581_MhdSY-XL.jpg

904926989_mQ5Le-XL.jpg

Comments

• Options
    SamSam Registered Users Posts: 7,419 Major grins
    edited June 28, 2010
    Here are a couple of thoughts. I would scrutinize the devil out of the photos to find what worked and what didn't.

To me it looks like a lot were under exposed, and the white balance is off.

Here is a quick reprocess of one of your images. Just to give you an idea of a different look. I hope you shot in RAW.

Sam
  • Options
    nicoleshillidaynicoleshilliday Registered Users Posts: 549 Major grins
    edited June 29, 2010
    THAT'S MY WEDDING DRESS!! HA! figured i would find it in this forum at some point.

Anyway...

great eye. but i agree with the comment above, they need to be a little brighter. her face is rather dark in most of the photos.
    Nicole
    D3, and other Nikon goodies
    Shilliday Photography
    Blog
    Facebook