If all the raindrops were lemon drops and gumdrops...

iCandiiCandi Registered Users Posts: 63 Big grins
edited June 30, 2010 in People
I'd be intensely obese. (Not counting the fact I'm border line ;) Who doesn't love a good lemon drop?)

Took a few photos of my 4 year old daughters "boyfriend" playing in our sprinklers today. One really stood out to me so I thought I'd share.

I know nothing about lighting, shutter speed, etc. (sorry) I'm just a girl with a camera who enjoys taking photos and playing with editing. I have enjoyed this site for such a long time and love all of the amazing work you put into what you do!

Thanks for looking.
vg0o5g.jpg

i.Candi by Mandi Photgraphy
Seymour, IN

Comments

• kevinpwkevinpw Registered Users Posts: 124 Major grins
    edited June 28, 2010
    the water droplets look cool! i know u said u dont know about shutter speed, etc. but can you maybe tell what settings your camera used? what mode did you use? or at least what body and lens?

thanks
  • iCandiiCandi Registered Users Posts: 63 Big grins
    edited June 28, 2010
    Of course! I just use a plain Jane Canon Digital Rebel. (boo!)

I had the dial turned to action/motion (the little running man).

I waited until the overcast came from the day and snapped the picture. I was really surprised by the lighting on his face too. I generally have really horrible shadows, patchy blotches, etc. All the great things you never want to see in a photo, so I was pleasently surprised!

Seymour, IN
  • Darren Troy CDarren Troy C Registered Users Posts: 1,927 Major grins
    edited June 29, 2010
    edited June 29, 2010
    Thank you!

Seymour, IN
  • AgnieszkaAgnieszka Registered Users, Retired Mod Posts: 3,263 Major grins
    edited June 29, 2010
    Ha! Awesome catch! :D
  • BoutteBoutte Registered Users Posts: 87 Big grins
    edited June 30, 2010
    Really nice. Some one must have done at least a little work on it after it came out of the camera. (unsharp mask?)
    edited June 30, 2010
    Yep. Just used Corel. I did a little digital noise removal and added the "vivid" photo effect option. I have CS4 but I'm terrified of it!

Seymour, IN