My favorite model...

Mike JMike J Registered Users Posts: 1,029 Major grins
edited July 1, 2010 in People
It's nice to have a 9-year old around who likes to be in front of the camera. Here are several from the other day. I dialed back the processing of the eyes this time around. How do they look? Other comments/suggestions appreciated as well.

917243281_YRkM9-XL.jpg

917243395_p9Q7w-XL.jpg

#3 Not sure about the processing on this one. Thoughts?
917243470_e35so-XL.jpg

917243358_6LadG-XL.jpg
Mike J

Comments and constructive criticism always welcome.
www.mikejulianaphotography.com
Facebook

Comments

• Darren Troy CDarren Troy C Registered Users Posts: 1,927 Major grins
    edited June 29, 2010
    Really like the 1st and 4th. The 2nd is a bit too soft and the third has a weird green cast. I know it was intentional but this particular one doesn't appeal to me. You're very lucky that she likes the camera, she's a gorgeous little girl. My 6yo gives me grief usually after the 2nd shot. :D
  • D'BuggsD'Buggs Registered Users Posts: 958 Major grins
    edited June 29, 2010
    ^^
    like he said...... I'll add though, 3 is a good picture. I'm quite fond of the lines that are in it, just not caring much for the green theme.
  • adbsgicomadbsgicom Registered Users Posts: 3,615 Major grins
    edited June 29, 2010
    I think #3 is my favorite composition, but the green/desat doesn't do anything for me. I'd love to see it with processing akin to the others.
    I like #1 a lot as well. Very lovely young lady!
    - Andrew

Who is wise? He who learns from everyone.
    My SmugMug Site
  • Mike JMike J Registered Users Posts: 1,029 Major grins
    edited June 29, 2010
    Darren, D'Buggs, and Andrew:

Thanks for the input on #3. Wasn't sure about this one. Here's #3 reworked with the PP treatment...better?
    917595176_BdfSK-XL.jpg
    Mike J

Facebook
  • adbsgicomadbsgicom Registered Users Posts: 3,615 Major grins
    edited June 29, 2010
    I like this second version much more!!
    You might want to try a crop where you lose the green in the upper right. Not totally sure, but I think it might work out very nicely.
    - Andrew

Who is wise? He who learns from everyone.
    My SmugMug Site
    edited June 29, 2010
    adbsgicom wrote: »
    I like this second version much more!!
    You might want to try a crop where you lose the green in the upper right. Not totally sure, but I think it might work out very nicely.
    Great suggestion Andrew...
    917732512_NExRT-XL.jpg
    Mike J

Facebook
  • AgnieszkaAgnieszka Registered Users, Retired Mod Posts: 3,263 Major grins
    edited June 29, 2010
    Hey there. You got some really nice photos, #3 (reworked) is definitely my favorite. iloveyou.gif

As a side note ... and that might be just me .... I'd stay away from RED. See how you lost all the details in the hat? Red is really hard to shoot rolleyes1.gif I don't have any advice (as I refuse to shoot that evil color rolleyes1.gif) Just wanted to point it out thumb.gif
  • tomnovytomnovy Registered Users Posts: 1,101 SmugMug Employee
    edited June 29, 2010
    Good work, the second is a little blurry and you have lost the sharpness of the eyes. The other ones are good!
    SmugMug Support Hero | Customizer | My SmugMug site - http://www.photom.me | Customization Portal - https://portal.photom.me
  • run_kmcrun_kmc Registered Users Posts: 263 Major grins
    edited June 29, 2010
    I'm going to be the voice of dissent and say that I liked your first version of #3. I like the reworked versions too, but your initial image is my favorite.
  • HackboneHackbone Registered Users Posts: 4,027 Major grins
    edited June 30, 2010
    What a cutie and great eyes. She will break alot of hearts. Try raising your black point some to give the images some punch. Even try the mid slider and experiment. Even add some contrast.
    edited July 1, 2010
    Agnieszka wrote: »
    Hey there. You got some really nice photos, #3 (reworked) is definitely my favorite. iloveyou.gif

As a side note ... and that might be just me .... I'd stay away from RED. See how you lost all the details in the hat? Red is really hard to shoot rolleyes1.gif I don't have any advice (as I refuse to shoot that evil color rolleyes1.gif) Just wanted to point it out thumb.gif
    Thanks for the comments and for looking.
    tomnovy wrote: »
    Good work, the second is a little blurry and you have lost the sharpness of the eyes. The other ones are good!
    Yeah - the 2nd is soft but I like the comp so I wanted to include it.
    run_kmc wrote: »
    I'm going to be the voice of dissent and say that I liked your first version of #3. I like the reworked versions too, but your initial image is my favorite.
    Love dissent. I actually really like both of them.
    Hackbone wrote: »
    What a cutie and great eyes. She will break alot of hearts. Try raising your black point some to give the images some punch. Even try the mid slider and experiment. Even add some contrast.
    She can't break any hearts if Dad does not let her out of the house:D:D
    I'll play with the blackpoint some more. It is hard for me to tell sometimes how far to take this as well as contrast
    Mike J

Facebook