Options

Replacing Photos With Proofs

RKnechtRKnecht Registered Users Posts: 366 Major grins
edited August 12, 2010 in SmugMug Pro Sales Support
Why does it seem to take forever to replace a photo? I have been wrestling with this task recently and I keep getting "Error 504 timeout" screens. I can upload a whole new gallery in the time it takes me to replace 2 photos :dunno
A few Nikon bodies and some fast Nikon glass

www.richknechtphotography.com

Comments

• Options
    rainforest1155rainforest1155 Registered Users Posts: 4,566 Major grins
    edited June 29, 2010
    Sorry about your troubles. How do you try to replace? Are you replacing the photos individually or do you use our Simple uploader to bulk replace? If you're doing the one by one way, try the 'replace multiple photos' button instead and see if that speeds things up for you. When you use the multiple photos option, make sure that your file names have to be 100% the same, including case.

I hope this helps,
    Sebastian
    Sebastian
    SmugMug Support Hero
  • Options
    edited June 29, 2010
    Sorry about your troubles. How do you try to replace? Are you replacing the photos individually or do you use our Simple uploader to bulk replace? If you're doing the one by one way, try the 'replace multiple photos' button instead and see if that speeds things up for you. When you use the multiple photos option, make sure that your file names have to be 100% the same, including case.

I hope this helps,
    Sebastian

Thanks for the reply. Unfortunately, that doesn't help at all. I get the same results. IF I am actually able to replace a single photo, it takes at least 5-7 minutes. I am replacing images within an order and for now, I am giving up until I get home later.

• Options
    AndyAndy Registered Users Posts: 50,016 Major grins
    edited June 29, 2010
    Rich, please write our Support Heroes and we'll help you from the help desk. Thanks. Also, be sure you are replacing with a JPG, that is under 24megabytes and under 48 Megapixels, and in sRGB colorspace.
  • Options
    edited June 29, 2010
    Andy wrote: »
    Rich, please write our Support Heroes and we'll help you from the help desk. Thanks. Also, be sure you are replacing with a JPG, that is under 24megabytes and under 48 Megapixels, and in sRGB colorspace.

Andy, I am simply replacing the images with a cropped and proofed version. I am well within size requirements you mention and all of my images are uploaded as sRGB. This is an issue that has started just recently (last 3 weeks or so). I am going back and forth with the help desk but so far, same issues. I tried clearing the cache, etc all to no avail. Is there an issue with the new version of FF?

• Options
    edited June 29, 2010
    RKnecht wrote: »
    Andy, I am simply replacing the images with a cropped and proofed version. I am well within size requirements you mention and all of my images are uploaded as sRGB. This is an issue that has started just recently (last 3 weeks or so). I am going back and forth with the help desk but so far, same issues. I tried clearing the cache, etc all to no avail. Is there an issue with the new version of FF?
    Shouldn't be an issue with FF3.6.6. Does it work in another Browser? (Safari if using mac, IE if using Win) - maybe you have plugins conflicting in FF?
  • Options
    edited June 29, 2010
    Andy wrote: »
    Shouldn't be an issue with FF3.6.6. Does it work in another Browser? (Safari if using mac, IE if using Win) - maybe you have plugins conflicting in FF?

Using IE8 right now and it works like a champ. No timeouts at all and MUCH faster.

• Options
    edited June 29, 2010
    RKnecht wrote: »
    Using IE8 right now and it works like a champ. No timeouts at all and MUCH faster.

I suspect a plugin or addon issue in FF3 ne_nau.gif
  • Options
    JimKarczewskiJimKarczewski Registered Users Posts: 969 Major grins
    edited July 3, 2010
    Also try Chrome, works quite well.
  • Options
    edited August 12, 2010
    Rather than start a new thread, I am still having this problem. I can upload new galleries fine, but can't replace am exixting photo with a proofed version.

• Options
    rainforest1155rainforest1155 Registered Users Posts: 4,566 Major grins
    edited August 12, 2010
    What exactly happens? Do you get errors again? If so what exact error?

Can you share some details in what browser you're seeing this? Last time you posted, you said it works in IE8. Does it now suddenly not work anymore in IE8?
    Can you check that you have all the latest updates for Windows and IE?
    Did you install any add-ons or toolbars?

Still the same in FF? What exact version of FF do you now have?

What add-ons / toolbars do you have in IE8 and in FF?
    Can you try it in Google Chrome as Jim suggested?
    Sebastian
    SmugMug Support Hero