Options

Kevin and Stephanie

nicoleshillidaynicoleshilliday Registered Users Posts: 549 Major grins
edited July 7, 2010 in Weddings
I woke up on June 19th with major stomach issues, and really thought i wasn't going to make it to this wedding...found out a week later that I was pregnant. Well that explains it.

With that said, i really wasn't on my game during this shoot (or the wedding the weekend after). I am sure they will be happy, but wish i did a better job :cry

The reception hall was all wood and had uneven ceilings. I had a real real real hard time with the light in that facility.

C&C welcome and encouraged

917676603_Ak2jm-L.jpg

917676797_VoNzs-L.jpg

917676857_kTvb9-L.jpg

917677045_ZRXJw-L.jpg

917677104_D8La9-L.jpg

6. MOH snapping a photo of Stephanie breaking down while driving to the church

917677347_sZufS-L.jpg

917677484_fqihv-L.jpg

917677549_uXZyL-L.jpg

917677604_Wec83-L.jpg

917678071_haMGp-L.jpg

917678551_uuXGj-L.jpg

917678806_Ns82R-L.jpg

13. this was the second time i found Stephanie crying
917678948_rvBkJ-L-1.jpg

917679028_AFbZ2-L.jpg

917679283_pHd7Z-L.jpg

917679351_xHkhJ-L.jpg

917679494_nxdma-L.jpg

917679670_7oj4k-L.jpg

917679708_Qobph-L.jpg

20. I can't resist a cute kid! as i have one already myself!
917679717_Qhawp-XL.jpg
Nicole
D3, and other Nikon goodies
Shilliday Photography
Blog
Facebook

Comments

• Options
    dahn8dahn8 Registered Users Posts: 73 Big grins
    edited June 29, 2010
    nice shots! your "off-game" pictures are still way better than my "on-game" ones :)

I especially like 8 and 9. I actually like the composition of 9 better but I like seeing the groom in 8.

17 and 19 are fun too. And 20 is just oozing with cuteness :)

And i really liked the B&W post-processing... it looks very good to my eyes.

Oh... and of course, congrats on the baby too clap.gif
  • Options
    edited June 29, 2010
    dahn8 wrote: »
    nice shots! your "off-game" pictures are still way better than my "on-game" ones :)

I especially like 8 and 9. I actually like the composition of 9 better but I like seeing the groom in 8.

17 and 19 are fun too. And 20 is just oozing with cuteness :)

And i really liked the B&W post-processing... it looks very good to my eyes.

Oh... and of course, congrats on the baby too clap.gif

Thanks for the congrats. at least i am feeling better now!

The rice pictures were so funny. They were pelted with it so hard! it was everywhere. I wish he was looking too, but he was protecting his eyes the entire time and i didn't get one good one of the two of them. ohh well. We were all picking rice out of each others hair for the rest of the night.

they were a very fun couple, easy to photograph.
    Nicole
    Shilliday Photography
    Blog
    Facebook
  • Options
    Mark1123Mark1123 Registered Users Posts: 25 Big grins
    edited June 29, 2010
    Great set! I like #4 the best, but they are all good.
    If you never know an enemy, how do you understand the worth of a friend?
  • Options
    edited June 30, 2010
    Mark1123 wrote: »
    Great set! I like #4 the best, but they are all good.

Thanks Mark! That little one was a HAM!
    Nicole
    Shilliday Photography
    Blog
    Facebook
  • Options
    renren Registered Users Posts: 64 Big grins
    edited July 2, 2010
    I love #9. Like the angle on 18. Congrats on the baby-Being a mom is the best!
  • Options
    JheyerckJheyerck Registered Users Posts: 36 Big grins
    edited July 2, 2010
    Gorgeous photos!! i love them all. Beautiful Shots. Love the ones of them coming out of the church and the confetti
    -Jessica♥, Learning
  • Options
    TGAllenTGAllen Registered Users Posts: 161 Major grins
    edited July 2, 2010
    That's a great set!
  • Options
    jeffreaux2jeffreaux2 Registered Users Posts: 4,762 Major grins
    edited July 3, 2010
    8,9,12,17....thumb.gif

I much prefer a sey like this rather than a string of all posed shots. Looks like everyone had a blast.:D
  • Options
    edited July 6, 2010
    ren wrote: »
    I love #9. Like the angle on 18. Congrats on the baby-Being a mom is the best!

Thanks Ren (BTW, Ren is on our list of names). There was a great balcony to shoot from for #18.

and being a Mom is the best! I have a 22 month old boy named Liam too!
    Jheyerck wrote: »
    Gorgeous photos!! i love them all. Beautiful Shots. Love the ones of them coming out of the church and the confetti

Thanks! It actually was rice, not confetti and hurt!
    TGAllen wrote: »
    That's a great set!

Thanks!
    jeffreaux2 wrote: »

I much prefer a sey like this rather than a string of all posed shots. Looks like everyone had a blast.

Thanks Jeff. I am trying new things each time I shoot and learning lots from this forum.
    Nicole
    Shilliday Photography
    Blog
    Facebook
  • Options
    renren Registered Users Posts: 64 Big grins
    edited July 6, 2010
    Thanks Ren (BTW, Ren is on our list of names). There was a great balcony to shoot from for #18.

I vote for Ren. :D So, they'll be how far apart? That's SO funny. I just told my hubby last night that I liked the name Liam. And since we'll NEVER have a boy...I'll share my other name I like: Grayson.
  • Options
    edited July 6, 2010
    ren wrote: »

I vote for Ren. :D So, they'll be how far apart? That's SO funny. I just told my hubby last night that I liked the name Liam. And since we'll NEVER have a boy...I'll share my other name I like: Grayson.

Well im convinced this one will be another boy, not that i mind. I think it will be great for them to play together and i already have boy stuff!

They will be about 2 years 5 months apart. I hope i can still work after!

OOO i like the name Grayson!
    Nicole
    Shilliday Photography
    Blog
    Facebook
  • Options
    mmmattmmmatt Registered Users Posts: 1,347 Major grins
    edited July 7, 2010
    Hey Nicole! Congrats on the bun! This is nice work! Really nice detail work and some great candids. 8 and 9 are fabulous!!! You really captured wonderful emotions throughout the day. For nits I would just say that 7 is a little off-kilterish but cropping in post would sacrifice the cross so good call not doing that. 10 with the bride and a BM closing there eyes isn't so hot, and both 10 and 11 could use a little pop. Great job though! Overall this is a really great set!!!

Matt
    My Smugmug site

Bodies: Canon 5d mkII, 5d, 40d
    Lenses: 24-70 f2.8L, 70-200 f4.0L, 135 f2L, 85 f1.8, 50 1.8, 100 f2.8 macro, Tamron 28-105 f2.8
    Flash: 2x 580 exII, Canon ST-E2, 2x Pocket Wizard flexTT5, and some lower end studio strobes
  • Options
    edited July 7, 2010
    mmmatt wrote: »
    Hey Nicole! Congrats on the bun! This is nice work! Really nice detail work and some great candids. 8 and 9 are fabulous!!! You really captured wonderful emotions throughout the day. For nits I would just say that 7 is a little off-kilterish but cropping in post would sacrifice the cross so good call not doing that. 10 with the bride and a BM closing there eyes isn't so hot, and both 10 and 11 could use a little pop. Great job though! Overall this is a really great set!!!

Matt

Thanks Matt. I appreciate the feedback.

#7, i think there is something in the church that is off. Seems like i just couldn't get the whole thing straight.

I tried a little different processing in number 10 and 11, and think it ended a little flat. I'm not a huge processor, trying to keep things simple. I will stick with my clean processing from now on!

and thanks for the baby congrats. now if only i can stop these 2 hour afternoon naps and get some editing done.
    Nicole
    Shilliday Photography
    Blog
    Facebook