Mt. Diablo - First attempt at HDR

ManticoreManticore Registered Users Posts: 90 Big grins
edited June 30, 2010 in Landscapes
C&C requested, please! I was trying to do HDR without really looking too much like HDR. Like I said, this is a first attempt so .... any advice?

p1040573209-4.jpg
- Steve

D300S, MB10, Nikon 18-70, Nikon 70-200 2.8 VR, Tamron 90mm macro, Tokina 11-16 2.8, SB800

http://www.justastateofmind.com

Comments

• run_kmcrun_kmc Registered Users Posts: 263 Major grins
    edited June 29, 2010
    I like pretty much everything about this, except for the weather. :D

I like this spot and this composition. I would suggest planting yourself in the exact same spot right at sunrise or sunset. That should get you more light on the mountian, as it is a little dark compared to the foreground in this image. I'd also try waiting for some interesting weather this fall/winter.

As for whatever HDR you did, do it again next time. It's just the right amount, I think.
  • YosemYosem Registered Users Posts: 24 Big grins
    edited June 29, 2010
    I can see the HDR in the trees and it helps. You might want to drop the brightness slightly if you could other then that great stuff.
  • hawkeye978hawkeye978 Registered Users Posts: 1,218 Major grins
    edited June 30, 2010
    I think you may have been in a situation where strictly speaking HDR wasn't needed. Especially if you are trying for a natural effect. Take a look at the histogram in your 0EV shot and see pretty much all the exposure is contained within the range.

I agree coming back at sunrise/sunset may be more useful if you are trying to capture a wider exposure range.