Indian Key Florida Outward Bound excursion

YosemYosem Registered Users Posts: 24 Big grins
edited June 30, 2010 in Landscapes
These are a few shots I took with my Outward Bound trip several months ago. We never did get off the boat apart from swimming but this day we visited Indian Key and I had a few hours for some shooting.

From the coral looking out with a yacht in the background. Lots of Trilobite in this coral surprisingly enough

917602621_h64K4-L.jpg

Same perspective minus the Yacht

917601517_Pmi7Y-L.jpg

Starfish on a coral rock looking out on the horizon

917603813_t4znu-L.jpg

In the short time we were there a gentleman asked us for some tools to remove fishing hooks from a pelicans mouth. Only 2 of three could be removed so the bird was taken to a veterinarian. The bird in this image wasn't so lucky its likely he died from fishing hooks that caught up with him.

917603012_D9ask-L.jpg

Two large Puffers decided to make an appearance in this image

917603371_hDTPR-L.jpg

A fairly large Conch getting caught up in the changing tide

917601890_Moeie-L.jpg

The Conch moved into the shot a little closer you can just see the crab or creature inside it partially coming out into view.

917619617_RLYXz-L.jpg

That about rounds up the few hours of free time we had on this island. Hope theres a shot or two you enjoyed. Any comments, critiques or ideas are very welcomed.

Comments

• NorthernFocusNorthernFocus Registered Users Posts: 1,347 Major grins
    edited June 29, 2010
    So you're saying the boat in the first image is not the one you were on eek7.gif Nice capture of the corals.
    Dan

My Photo Gallery:Northern Focus Photography
    I wish I was half the man that my dog thinks I am...
  • dogwooddogwood Registered Users Posts: 2,572 Major grins
    edited June 30, 2010
    Nice photos. Hate to think what that area will look like after a summer of hurricanes and the continuing BP oil leak. Your pics may be one of your last chances to capture the area relatively unpolluted. Those poor pelicans! Not only are they dealing with fish hooks and fishing line, but now the oil too :cry

Portland, Oregon Photographer Pete Springer
    website blog instagram facebook g+