Options

Negativity here

pengruspengrus Registered Users Posts: 21 Big grins
edited August 22, 2005 in Dgrin Forum Support
With only a few weeks here, I sensed the negativity from the forum. Read the following post if you will to see what I meant:

http://www.dgrin.com/showthread.php?t=16700

The poor ZedEL kept getting the negative response on his simple suggestion of making the search better to help strengthen the ecommerce functions. While other photographers (not all) basically ignored Zed's suggestion and stress how good they are at off-line marketing. I mean, come on! Yes, you are good, but don't assume other photographers who pursue better online tools are not! Only Andy sounded friendly, but he locked that thread. How good is that for getting the new ideas??

By reading a few posts here, I really feel that the either the forum team or the smugmug team really are not very open to the suggetions that members contribute. The atmosphere here is not really inviting and friendly. Someone needs to think about this.

Comments

• Options
    marlinspikemarlinspike Registered Users Posts: 2,095 Major grins
    edited August 22, 2005
    Are you serious? I don't know about that one example, but in general they are very open to ideas.
  • Options
    DavidTODavidTO Registered Users, Retired Mod Posts: 19,160 Major grins
    edited August 22, 2005
    I have never seen a more cordial and friendly forum online.

Not that we're always perfect, but I'll tell you that the internet's a snake pit of trollers and trouble makers. Digital Grin tries hard and should be very proud of their track record of keeping this place open to all helpful, constructive and usually friendly discourse. I applaud them for that. I love this place. Stick around a little longer, and I'll wager you will, too.
    Moderator Emeritus
    Dgrin FAQ | Me | Workshops
  • Options
    AndyAndy Registered Users Posts: 50,016 Major grins
    edited August 22, 2005
    wave.gif hiya pengrus

that poster repeated the same thing five times in that thread. his mind is made up, that's for sure :D and hey, that's what makes the world go 'round, isn't it? btw, i closed that thread becuase it was going nowhere, due to the constant repetion of the same thing over and over again by the original poster. he (and you!) are free to start any new thread you like deal.gif

i can tell you that smugmug staff read everything that's posted here, and everyone is thrilled at all of the discussion, positive, and negative, too. in fact, we learn a lot from folks that are dissatisfied for one reason or another. smugmug may not be able to implement every single request that's proffered here, but i can tell you that everyone is very very appreciative of all suggestions and input.

i think you'll also find that most dgrinners go out of their way to provide help and assistance to folks here - moreso than i've seen on any other such site on the internet! all one has to do is peruse the smugmug customization threads, the photography technique and how-to threads, the photoshop threads, the critique forum, the camera advice threads -- and if one were to take a good hard look, objectively, i'm certain that the only reasonable outcome would be that the overwhelming majority of threads and posts and responses here on dgrin are postive and helpful deal.gif

i hope you'll give dgrin a good solid try - in fact, ask a question, submit a feature request, or solicit some kind of help and you watch what happens :D
  • Options
    pengruspengrus Registered Users Posts: 21 Big grins
    edited August 22, 2005
    Thanks for your reply. Andy. My experience is mainly based on the posts in smugmug or smugmug related. I am sure dgrin is a great community. I did not cancel my pro account. I know it takes some time to implement the ideas, and it is not possible to implement most of them. Maybe smugmug team is working their way around all the posts slowly. I think maybe I just wish the smugmug team members could be more active in smugmug support forum.