approaching summer storm

squirl033squirl033 Registered Users Posts: 1,230 Major grins
edited July 4, 2010 in Landscapes
snapped this shot of some ominous-looking clouds moving in from the southwest toward Mt. Rainier on Sunday. processed with ReDynaMix to accentuate the clouds, then converted to B&W in tribute to Ansel Adams... taken with a 5D and 24-135 lens @ 37mm, 1/30 @ f/16...

ApproachingSummerStormBWsm.jpg
~ Rocky
"Out where the rivers like to run, I stand alone, and take back something worth remembering..."
Three Dog Night

www.northwestnaturalimagery.com

Comments

• squirl033squirl033 Registered Users Posts: 1,230 Major grins
    edited July 3, 2010
    hmm... 90+ views and no comments on this one either... am i doing something wrong here?
    ~ Rocky
    "Out where the rivers like to run, I stand alone, and take back something worth remembering..."
    Three Dog Night

www.northwestnaturalimagery.com
  • HowitzerHowitzer Registered Users Posts: 94 Big grins
    edited July 4, 2010
    maybe people just like to look... :) like its hanging on a wall... :)

looks nice though.
    http://3dogphotos.smugmug.com

Equipment: a whole bunch of black cylinders full of polished glass that cost way to much that I just had to have...
  • Sexy6ChickSexy6Chick Registered Users Posts: 948 Major grins
    edited July 4, 2010
    You're not doing anything wrong, it's a wonderful shot. I find it hard to get comments on threads on this forum period. They get lots of views but no posts. Don't take it personally because like your waterfall shots, this is stunning.
    ~*Natalie*~

A lover of all things photography.

Olympus E-500

My Smugmug Gallery
  • ian408ian408 Administrators Posts: 21,934 moderator
    edited July 4, 2010
    I like the mountain storms. Something about them makes 'em special thumb.gif

Shot looks nice. Nice back to front focus. The big problem is the dark area to the right. If you can lighten that up a bit, I think you have a nice picture.
    Moderator Journeys/Sports/Big Picture :: Need some help with dgrin?