Tournament Setup

zach30345zach30345 Registered Users Posts: 95 Big grins
edited July 2, 2010 in Mind Your Own Business
I know this has been discussed previously on here before but i searched and could not find it, anyways I have tournament in two weeks where I am expected to take action photos, and run a booth. This will be my first time having a booth with on site ordering and I am stuck with trying to figure out how I can easily show all my photos so people can order them. I have a macbook pro two desktop computers and two windows laptops, however I really cannot afford new software to use to make a kiosk type deal. At the company I freelance for at there booth they have one main computer that is then networked into laptops and all the photos seamlessly shows up on there laptops. Any ideas on how to easily do this or any really cheap software out there that will help? Thanks in advance.

Comments

• jbakerphotojbakerphoto Registered Users Posts: 251 Major grins
    edited June 30, 2010
    I have heard of people using Jalbum for their viewstations. Its free. You will probably have to do some customizing and what not but should work.

Are you hopefully planning on printing onsite as well?
    40D,Rebel XT,Tamron 17-50 2.8,Tamron 28-80 3.5-5.6, Canon 50 1.8, Sigma 70-200 2.8, Canon 580EX , Sunpack 383 w/ optical slave

www.jonbakerphotography.com
  • zach30345zach30345 Registered Users Posts: 95 Big grins
    edited June 30, 2010
    Alright I will look into that and I would love to be able to print on site but I dont know right now I dont have a good printer at all so I think I might just be able to take orders.
  • jbakerphotojbakerphoto Registered Users Posts: 251 Major grins
    edited June 30, 2010
    Alright I will look into that and I would love to be able to print on site but I dont know right now I dont have a good printer at all so I think I might just be able to take orders.

You dont need a really great printer to do it. I use a five year old epson r320 that I bought off of craigslist for 50 dollars and got a Continuous ink system ( http://www.cisinks.com/for-epson-printers-continuous-ink-system-with-ink-c-91_95.html )to go with it. It has made a huge difference in my event sales and the cis keeps the ink costs down. It has definilty been worth it.
    40D,Rebel XT,Tamron 17-50 2.8,Tamron 28-80 3.5-5.6, Canon 50 1.8, Sigma 70-200 2.8, Canon 580EX , Sunpack 383 w/ optical slave

www.jonbakerphotography.com
  • GlortGlort Registered Users Posts: 1,015 Major grins
    edited July 1, 2010
    I run 12 Vstations that cost me $55 ea with a 15" LCD monitor KB & mouse.
    They are SFF machines from a company and present well because they are all the same.

The pics are displayed in Jalbum with the machines locked into IE.

I use printers the same as Canon IP4700's with a CIS.
    All up an A4 costs me about .55C ea to print.
  • zach30345zach30345 Registered Users Posts: 95 Big grins
    edited July 1, 2010
    do you need internet to run jalbum?
  • GlortGlort Registered Users Posts: 1,015 Major grins
    edited July 2, 2010
    do you need internet to run jalbum?

no.