In need of more ideas for Maternity...

renren Registered Users Posts: 64 Big grins
edited July 3, 2010 in People
:ear1.
919512065_nbiuK-L.jpg
2. #2 was both hers and my favorite of her set. Is she overexposed?
919511232_cyTLJ-L.jpg
CCs? Thanks

Comments

• iCandiiCandi Registered Users Posts: 63 Big grins
    edited July 1, 2010
    I'm a huge fan of them both. I love the coloring of #1. It's so vivid! Beautiful pics :)

i.Candi by Mandi Photgraphy
    Seymour, IN
  • IsaiahKutnerIsaiahKutner Registered Users Posts: 10 Big grins
    edited July 2, 2010
    The first image is a little misleading, because the vibrant colors of that fence are trying to steal the show!

I'm a bigger fan of the second image. It's much more personal, and that's what these sorts of images are all about. The connection between a mother and unborn child. And I totally get that connection in the second image. As for the question of overexposure, the only part that I could say might be overexposed is her left hand. But the rest of her skin looks fair already, so I'd not fix anything.

Great image, Thanks for sharing!
  • tropicotropico Registered Users Posts: 225 Major grins
    edited July 2, 2010
    I love the first photo! Great colors, and even if it is not showing her face it shows a lot of love for the baby.
    Very artistic! clap.gif
    http://www.monicagarrett.com

Canon 5D MARK II, Canon EOS 450D
    Canon 24-70mm f/2.8L, Canon 18-55mm
    Canon 50mm 1.8, Canon 75-300mm, Tokina 10-24mm, Sigma 18-200mm
  • renren Registered Users Posts: 64 Big grins
    edited July 2, 2010
    iCandi wrote: »
    I'm a huge fan of them both. I love the coloring of #1. It's so vivid! Beautiful pics :)

Thanks very much iCandi.
    edited July 2, 2010
    @ Isaiah- thank you for the insight about connection and color. Here's a less vibrant blue...

920830332_ykzhf-M.jpg

@tropico thank you so much for the comment.
  • AgnieszkaAgnieszka Registered Users, Retired Mod Posts: 3,263 Major grins
    edited July 2, 2010
    Yeah, I like the first one too, BUT you can barely see that she's pregnant. You should have moved her sweater a bit so one can tell it's a round belly, which I know she has ....

As for the second, I'd do a light vignette, and tone down the highlights in her sweater, that will make the eye focus on her belly more ...

Also, if you need more ideas for pregnancy photos, why don't you just look on flickr?
    edited July 2, 2010
    Thanks Angie...ok, I tried your suggestions: I'm not sure what you mean by tone down the highlights in her black sweater so I clicked on the black eyedrop tool in curves...? Is that what you would have done?
    Version #2.
    921033574_eCNv5-L.jpg
  • AgnieszkaAgnieszka Registered Users, Retired Mod Posts: 3,263 Major grins
    edited July 2, 2010
    ren wrote: »
    Thanks Angie...ok, I tried your suggestions: I'm not sure what you mean by tone down the highlights in her black sweater so I clicked on the black eyedrop tool in curves...? Is that what you would have done?
    Version #2.

Yup, I think this looks much better thumb.gif (there was a "reflection" line on her chest + her belly ... must have been because of the fabric of the sweater). Look like you fixed it now thumb.gif
  • HackboneHackbone Registered Users Posts: 4,027 Major grins
    edited July 3, 2010
    I love the color in #1 just give it more of a severe crop but still catch some of the blues. The bright hands are where you eye will travel to.