People at the Renaissance Fair

infosecgeekinfosecgeek Registered Users Posts: 21 Big grins
edited September 5, 2005 in People
[font=Geneva, Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Taken this past weekend at the Renaissance fair in NY... I had a great time, thanks to the people that take pride in what they do... Comments and Critique appreciated... I also just got a Spyder 2 so these are the first shots from my calibrated monitor.

33162254-O.jpg

33162314-O.jpg

33162246-O.jpg

33162319-O.jpg
[/font]

Comments

• OwenOwen Registered Users Posts: 948 Major grins
    edited August 23, 2005
    The eyes look a bit over brightened... unless that's colored contacts.

I used to do exactly the same thing, but now I'm finding a more subtle approach is just as striking. It took some tough critique to figure it out, but masters of portraiture like Yuri and Yehuda would tell you the same thing.. It's best to leave the eyes alone. Especially the portrait of the young lady. BEAUTIFUL bokeh but the eyes are distracting and almost look posessed. I'd love to see the original (and play with it)... send it to me, owen@o-design.org... if you don't mind. :)
  • gluwatergluwater Registered Users Posts: 3,599 Major grins
    edited August 23, 2005
    15524779-Ti.gif That's the first thing I noticed about #2 and 3. The eyes pop right out at you but not in a good way, they are way too bright. IF you want to brighten them that's fine just make sure they stay looking realistic. Other than that I thnk they are great. I especially like the 2nd and 3rd.

Nick
    Nick
    SmugMug Technical Account Manager
    Travel = good. Woo, shooting!
    nickwphoto
  • gluwatergluwater Registered Users Posts: 3,599 Major grins
    edited August 23, 2005
    Ummm
    Is this a duplicate thread? See [thread=17158]here[/thread]
    Nick
    SmugMug Technical Account Manager
    Travel = good. Woo, shooting!
    nickwphoto
  • SandySandy Registered Users Posts: 762 Major grins
    edited August 23, 2005
    I am drawn to #1 & 2, nice work. I would fill in the background color to bring up the faces.
  • DragonflyDmDragonflyDm Registered Users Posts: 4 Beginner grinner
    edited September 5, 2005
    The phrase "villiage of the damned" comes to mind.