My not so little blue eyed girl.

iCandiiCandi Registered Users Posts: 63 Big grins
edited July 4, 2010 in People
My 4 year old got her very first big girl hair cut today. She lost 9" of hair. It's a major change since she was basically born with a mullet.

I'm having a hard time coping with how big she's growing and how smart she's getting. This little do' makes her look more grown up than I imagined.

She told me today, "I can almost drive a car now mommy. I AM 4 you know."

x35rb8.jpg

1182lwp.jpg

2u5q0cz.jpg

2lxx929.jpg

hvry2o.jpg

i.Candi by Mandi Photgraphy
Seymour, IN

Comments

• Mike JMike J Registered Users Posts: 1,029 Major grins
    edited July 1, 2010
    Wow - you got a 4-year old to pose. I'm impressed even if you are related. These feel a lot like HS Senior photos. Is this your background? I like the variety of backgrounds. My fav is the BW one. On another note, a good practice is to number each photo - it makes it easier for the rest of us to comment on them.
    Mike J

Comments and constructive criticism always welcome.
    www.mikejulianaphotography.com
    Facebook
  • VayCayMomVayCayMom Registered Users Posts: 1,870 Major grins
    edited July 2, 2010
    Oh I think I am in LOVE!! With your 4 yr old and the photos! Very nice job on these, you should be proud on both counts. Wonderful colors. Captured the attitude just right. Lovely. I'd love to see her "before" hair.
    Trudy
    www.CottageInk.smugmug.com

NIKON D700
  • renren Registered Users Posts: 64 Big grins
    edited July 2, 2010
    She's sweet and sassy! I like the last two backgrounds. Beautiful eyes. I think the first one is my favorite but I like the colors of the blue bkgrnd.
  • tropicotropico Registered Users Posts: 225 Major grins
    edited July 2, 2010
    Amazing portraits. I really love them, they are so sharp and well composed. bowdown.gif And great light too!

And your little girl is adorable!!!
    http://www.monicagarrett.com

Canon 5D MARK II, Canon EOS 450D
    Canon 24-70mm f/2.8L, Canon 18-55mm
    Canon 50mm 1.8, Canon 75-300mm, Tokina 10-24mm, Sigma 18-200mm
  • rhondavidrhondavid Registered Users Posts: 433 Major grins
    edited July 2, 2010
    WOW, she is gorgeous and what eyes!!! Great little model too. Wish my eight year old would pose as well as she does. I love all of them but that last one is so very cute. Her personality really shines in it.

Great job!!
    David

D40
    18 - 55 kit lens
    55- 200 VR kit lens
    Lots of desires
  • iCandiiCandi Registered Users Posts: 63 Big grins
    edited July 3, 2010
    Thank you all! I'm not real sure where she got those gorgeous huge blue eyes from I love them. They're so easy to fall in love with everyday :)

Mike, thank you for the information. I've lurked long enough and should have been keyed into numbering them, so thank you for the tip!

I also agree with you, they are very posey. But I have to admit something. She is in natural pageants and they love their photos to be very posed. She's got a huge personality and is very expressive with pictures, being on stages, sports, etc.

I feel like I need to enter a 12 step program for admitting that one .

Those actually aren't my backgrounds either. We just drove around town and found really neat old buildings to shoot in front of. I'm terrified of indoor lighting and how to use it. My goal for the end of the year is to purchase indoor lighting supplies and figure it all out. Got my fingers crossed!

Thank you all again for the lovely comments. What an encouragement this site is! You're all amazing <3

Seymour, IN
    edited July 3, 2010
    Hair ball
    VayCayMom wrote: »
    I'd love to see her "before" hair.

Here's just a little "Hair History of Payton"!

At 7 days old :)

24kw5eq.jpg

At 4 months old

j0latd.jpg

At about 14 months old

b4atg4.jpg

2 years old after about her 10th hair trim.

vzv3p5.jpg

Our little hair ball lol

Seymour, IN
  • MitchellMitchell Registered Users Posts: 3,503 Major grins
    edited July 3, 2010
    Adorable. Those last two are great!
  • AgnieszkaAgnieszka Registered Users, Retired Mod Posts: 3,263 Major grins
    edited July 3, 2010
    Just beauuutiful photos. Really enjoyed every single one of them (and oh my did she have a lot of hair as a newborn!!)

My favorite is the one with the blue wall, VERY cute girl you got!!! iloveyou.gif
  • fredjclausfredjclaus Registered Users Posts: 759 Major grins
    edited July 3, 2010
    Candi, those are some awesome shots. I love the black and white image but it's her lovely blue eyes that really make the show. How about making the entire photo black and white, but allowing the blue of her eyes to still come through?
    Fred J Claus
    Commercial Photographer
    http://www.FredJClaus.com
    http://www.Fredjclaus.com/originals

Save on your own SmugMug account. Just enter Coupon code i2J0HIOcEElwI at checkout
    edited July 4, 2010
    fredjclaus wrote: »
    but allowing the blue of her eyes to still come through?

Great idea! I'll have to try that :) Thanks for the suggestion!

Seymour, IN