Options

Julia (8 img)

Yuri PautovYuri Pautov Registered Users Posts: 1,918 Major grins
edited July 7, 2010 in People
Julia - she now lives in Moscow, but returns to our Vorinezh city from time to time (sessions the university). She called me and we had a little walk with camera...
9166.jpg
9169.jpg
9170.jpg
9171.jpg
9172.jpg
9173.jpg
9175.jpg
9176.jpg

--
Spasibo,
Yuri

Comments

• Options
    Mike JMike J Registered Users Posts: 1,029 Major grins
    edited July 2, 2010
    Yuri,
    Great set. #1 was a great way to start the set out and #8 is just the way to make us want more. Very nicely done.bowdown.gifbow
    Couple of other thoughts:
    - I'm not terrible fond of the BW treatments because of how her freckles come out
    - Also, all of her expressions are the same. Don't get me wrong - I like the expression but some variety would be nice.
    - You have perfect focus on left her eye in #8 but I might suggest whitening it a little bit. The blood vessels show up a little too well, for my tastes, for how prominent this eye is.

Question for you: how are you creating your catchlights in the eyes?
    Mike J

Comments and constructive criticism always welcome.
    www.mikejulianaphotography.com
    Facebook
  • Options
    Yuri PautovYuri Pautov Registered Users Posts: 1,918 Major grins
    edited July 5, 2010
    Mike J wrote: »
    Yuri,

Question for you: how are you creating your catchlights in the eyes?
    Thank you, Mike!
    I made these photos in a hot sunny day. I was looking for shadowed places with the sun on the ground near. Thus we have a Natural reflector! And, of course these shining areas appear in the eyes. Unfortunately such shadowed places play also another not good role - sometimes I have not much light for bigger number of F-stop to make more of the Models face in focus, ISO 400 is very good on SONY R1m but 800 is to grainy on my taste. So we have what we have - shallow DOF... Again thank you, Yuri
  • Options
    rpcrowerpcrowe Registered Users Posts: 733 Major grins
    edited July 5, 2010
    She is a beautiful woman
    i actually like a little bit of freckles in a lady of this coloring in real life but, don't like them in most images. I played with this using portrait professional and here's what I came up with.

Obviously working from a full-size file, the results would be better.
  • Options
    crystallizedcrystallized Registered Users Posts: 29 Big grins
    edited July 5, 2010
    But if you took out the freckles, it wouldn't be her portrait anymore. Instead of taking out the freckles, just don't desaturate them. I love the set Yuri!
  • Options
    christulkchristulk Registered Users Posts: 453 Major grins
    edited July 5, 2010
    Classic Yuri! Lovely.wings.gif
    C&C always welcomed.

Cheers

Chris

http://christulk.smugmug.com

'alot' is two words "a_______lot":D
  • Options
    AndManAndMan Registered Users Posts: 1,252 Major grins
    edited July 7, 2010
    I don't shoot people so you can take my comments with a large truck load of salt if you like.
    Great set Yuri, beautiful model and for me 7 & 8 are stunning - I wish I could shoot people even 1/8th as good as those.

:soapbox
    As for taking out the freckles - No. In fact Hell No.
    Her freckles are part of the reason she is as attractive as she is, removing imperfections (especially those that add to someone's beauty) is the reason we end up with bland airbrushed "perfection" every where we look.
    Peter

www.andmanphotography.com

Facebook Fan Page

"Landscape photography is the supreme test of the photographer - and often the supreme disappointment." Ansel Adams