BBQ Zerodog style

ZerodogZerodog Registered Users Posts: 1,480 Major grins
edited July 5, 2010 in Other Cool Shots
The other night I made some ribs. Couldn't help but take some pictures of the process of turning meat, into meat candy!

First is the marinade. Made from scratch, and different every time I make it. This time it was something like this: Black pepper, salt, garlic powder, cayenne, chipotle pepper flakes, habenerro powder, crushed red pepper, Santa Fe chili powder, soy sauce, apple cider vinegar, lemon juice and lots of honey. I think that was it. The sauce is also the base for my homemade BBQ sauce. As it sits, it is too strong for sauce. Adding catsup, more sugar, sometimes juice, or whatever else may pop into my brain and tickle my taste buds.

922650717_sA6wF-L.jpg

Here is the pile of ribs. The trick to great ribs is removing the membrane on the back, and trimming the extra meat off the small end of the slab. This makes them cook even and completely. You can save the trimmings from this to BBQ too. I like to use it in spicy noodle soup. These are ready to get soaked overnight.
922651020_qemcU-L.jpg

In the bags in the fridge getting ready for the next nights BBQ. Marinade time is important. In the bags I added chopped onion and lemon slices.
922651363_ZJuFF-L.jpg

On the rib rack in the egg. Ready to cook 3 hours or so. After pulling from the marinade, I gave them a little rub of brown sugar.
922651755_ZWGnQ-L.jpg

The ribs looked lonely. So I threw some chicken thighs in the leftover marinade then tossed them in too. Chicken thighs are my favorite for BBQ. I like to remove the skin. I think it gives the meat a better marinade and better flavor too. It also makes it health food right?
922652577_htvjG-L.jpg

Done!
922653787_uV8wh-L.jpg

Forgot to pop up my on camera flash to trigger the handheld flash... Thought this looked kind of cool anyway.
922653402_Wz9ew-L.jpg

SP earlier in the day.
922653086_hLQC7-L.jpg

Comments

• PantherPanther Registered Users Posts: 3,658 Major grins
    edited July 4, 2010
    Howdy,

Oh My, Thanks I've just drooled on my Keyboard!!!

That looks delicious, lucky your not too close or your Doorbell would be ringing about right ...................................nowmwink.gifwinkmwink.gif

Happy 4th of July, looks like you're ready!!!
    Take care,

Craig

Burleson, Texas
  • El PicosoEl Picoso Registered Users Posts: 40 Big grins
    edited July 4, 2010
    Those look outstanding! Where did you find that rack? Did you make it yourself?

Thanks,

Wade
  • ZerodogZerodog Registered Users Posts: 1,480 Major grins
    edited July 5, 2010
    El Picoso wrote: »
    Those look outstanding! Where did you find that rack? Did you make it yourself?

Thanks,

Wade

They were outstanding! Yum. I made that rack out of rebar a few years ago. I wanted a way to hold lots of ribs. I saw something like it on some online store once. But that is my version of it.
  • DogdotsDogdots Registered Users Posts: 8,795 Major grins
    edited July 5, 2010
    Yummy -- spicy too :D