More Pet Portraits

PunkybethPunkybeth Registered Users Posts: 159 Major grins
edited July 4, 2010 in Other Cool Shots
I had a shoot with these two beautiful Dobies last weekend and they were so much fun!!!! They are brothers, Tucker and Deuce. They were so full of energy!!! They were non-stop for 3 hours! Legs hurt so bad from running around and bending down, that it almost felt like I shot a wedding!

What do you think? C&Cs welcome.
922393860_C7hZS-XL.jpg

922359061_LCBYS-XL.jpg

Thanks for looking!
Robyn T. Lisone
MUTTography - Modern and Fun Lifestyle Pet Photography
MUTTography | My SmugMug | Facebook | Google+

Comments

• How about DonHow about Don Registered Users Posts: 51 Big grins
    edited July 4, 2010
    Those are very nice! Like the first one the best. Did you have an assistant or is that the owner getting their attention. I'm quite sure that you did not use a squeeky toy or treat in those two photo's by where the dog's attention is focused, maybe the assistant did? I'm thinking that in the first shot the dog is fairly clost to the owner/assistant and the owner/assistant is standing as it's looking up at a good angle? The dogs look seem's to be saying," What"? The second I'm not sure but would guess the owner/assistant is still standing but farther off, from the level of the head.

I like especially that the dog's are not looking right into the camera. And the first one does show that you can shoot from the side and get a good shot.

I'm courious what lens you used? I like my 18-105 for what I do as I can get closer but not to close. Tried my 70-210 and didn't like it. I do have a 35-135 that works well too.
  • PunkybethPunkybeth Registered Users Posts: 159 Major grins
    edited July 4, 2010
    Hahaha!!! You are absolutely right Don! I did have an assistant (my dear husband). The owner was actually standing far off in both shots (she was actually really good about letting us do our thing!) There was a treat involved in the first shot. The second shot was stick (this boy LOVED his sticks!) The first shot was at 160mm 2.8 ISO 200 (it was the 70-200 2.8 lens). The second shot was at 50mm 2.2 ISO 200 (I love my cheapy Canon 50mm 1.8!!!).

I like taking side shots a lot...I love SNOUTS!!! iloveyou.gif

Those are very nice! Like the first one the best. Did you have an assistant or is that the owner getting their attention. I'm quite sure that you did not use a squeeky toy or treat in those two photo's by where the dog's attention is focused, maybe the assistant did? I'm thinking that in the first shot the dog is fairly clost to the owner/assistant and the owner/assistant is standing as it's looking up at a good angle? The dogs look seem's to be saying," What"? The second I'm not sure but would guess the owner/assistant is still standing but farther off, from the level of the head.

I like especially that the dog's are not looking right into the camera. And the first one does show that you can shoot from the side and get a good shot.

I'm courious what lens you used? I like my 18-105 for what I do as I can get closer but not to close. Tried my 70-210 and didn't like it. I do have a 35-135 that works well too.
    Robyn T. Lisone

• El PicosoEl Picoso Registered Users Posts: 40 Big grins
    edited July 4, 2010
  • SamSam Registered Users Posts: 7,419 Major grins
    edited July 4, 2010
    I like both of these shots. Well done. Shows a active alert happy dog.

Sam
  • PunkybethPunkybeth Registered Users Posts: 159 Major grins
    edited July 4, 2010
    El Picoso wrote: »
    Dobies are great dogs. Nice shots!
    Thanks El Picoso...yes, these guys were great! And very gentle! They only look intimidating!
    Sam wrote: »
    I like both of these shots. Well done. Shows a active alert happy dog.

Sam

Thanks Sam! They were VERY active (and alert)...I'm still recuperating after their shoot!
    Robyn T. Lisone

• BradfordBennBradfordBenn Registered Users Posts: 2,506 Major grins
    edited July 4, 2010
    Great shots. I like that they are showing the Dobies in their natural fun and activities.
    -=Bradford

Pictures | Website | Blog | Twitter | Contact