DC Fireworks

Raina.RaeRaina.Rae Registered Users Posts: 205 Major grins
edited July 7, 2010 in Other Cool Shots
These were shot from the Virginia side of the river near the Air Force Memorial.

1. 923749486_CgVDU-M.jpg

2.The long light line coming out horizantally is actully a plane coming in for a landing at Regan National.
923755481_ARmup-M.jpg

3.Some people watching the fireworks.
923760024_k5pPf-M.jpg

4.923762051_kZaKb-M.jpg

Comments

• ImageX PhotographyImageX Photography Registered Users Posts: 528 Major grins
    edited July 5, 2010
    It's nice to see some other firework pics that have an actual background other than the night sky. #1 is my favorite. Good job. I have a couple as well. They are here if you would like to see. http://www.dgrin.com/showthread.php?t=171791
  • CdorothyCdorothy Registered Users Posts: 89 Big grins
    edited July 5, 2010
    I love the back gound too. Especially the Washington Monument. Very cool! I had no choice of BG sine I was shooting over a big field in a very rural area. Nice job!

Chris
  • ThwackThwack Registered Users Posts: 487 Major grins
    edited July 5, 2010
    I really like the first shot. Good sky color and nice background.

I would've needed VERY tall tripod to get anything but darkness behind the shots I posted. It's cool to see the variety.
  • ImageX PhotographyImageX Photography Registered Users Posts: 528 Major grins
    edited July 6, 2010
    Yep, it's hard to get anything other than a sky. My shots were from a few different nights. The first night.... I purposely used some tree tops. It's hard to tell though with all the bright streaks in the pic!
  • RichardRichard Administrators, Vanilla Admin Posts: 19,955 moderator
    edited July 6, 2010
    Very nice set. I agree with the others that having the Washington Monument in the frame is a great touch.
  • Shades of HyperionShades of Hyperion Registered Users Posts: 367 Major grins
    edited July 6, 2010
    nice, I've been looking for a shot like these that have the fireworks as a part of the photo. Nicely done
    Scooba Steve

Shades of Hyperion photography
    Extraordinary photos can not be had standing where everyone else is standing, looking where everyone else is looking
  • Raina.RaeRaina.Rae Registered Users Posts: 205 Major grins
    edited July 6, 2010
    Thank you for the nice comments. I like getting monument in the picture, one day I will brave the crowds to get the traditional monument line to capitol shot.
  • travischancetravischance Registered Users Posts: 642 Major grins
    edited July 6, 2010
    Raina.Rae wrote: »
    Thank you for the nice comments. I like getting monument in the picture, one day I will brave the crowds to get the traditional monument line to capitol shot.

Try the bridge between the FDR & Roosevelt Memorial (along the tidal basin). I've shot there many a nights and there were probably 30 people including a handful of other photographers there as well. Here is one of my favorite shots from Sunday.....

925918623_nMs7e-L.jpg
    Travis M. Chance
    twin Mark IV's & a bunch of "L" glass
    sitefacebook
  • Raina.RaeRaina.Rae Registered Users Posts: 205 Major grins
    edited July 7, 2010
    I used to shoot from the tidal basin, right in front of the Jefferson Memorial when I lived in SW, since I could walk to it. That is a good spot, very few people.
    Nice picture by the way.