NH Fireworks

rusticrustic Registered Users Posts: 199 Major grins
edited July 6, 2010 in Other Cool Shots
Lots already up here, but it's all about sharing, right?

These are from Claremont, NH. They shoot them off in a park, so they end up being pretty close to overhead, meaning a nice black background. These are a few of my favorites.

924487427_GJ2Qc-L.jpg

924482432_A3GTu-L.jpg

924488822_rMqGX-L.jpg

924489948_EQUrV-L.jpg

I opted for a higher aperture than some folks here, most of these were around f/18 and 4s. f/11 seemed to be overexposing for the shutter speed that I wanted. Forgot the remote trigger, so I had to go with the two second timer and plan ahead!

Comments

• ThwackThwack Registered Users Posts: 487 Major grins
    edited July 5, 2010
    Cool shots and nice recovery for the missing remote. :D

I really like the second shot. I'm guessing it was two bursts that happened to be burst close to each other so they look like one.

In #1, did the streamers in the top burst wiggle like that? I don't see any wiggle in your other shots so I'm guessing maybe they actually did? Cool effect either way.
  • CdorothyCdorothy Registered Users Posts: 89 Big grins
    edited July 5, 2010
    Cool shots! They came out great! I shot mine at f16 and had some that were open quite a few seconds. It sure was fun!
  • rusticrustic Registered Users Posts: 199 Major grins
    edited July 6, 2010
    Thwack wrote: »
    Cool shots and nice recovery for the missing remote. :D

I really like the second shot. I'm guessing it was two bursts that happened to be burst close to each other so they look like one.

In #1, did the streamers in the top burst wiggle like that? I don't see any wiggle in your other shots so I'm guessing maybe they actually did? Cool effect either way.

Thanks to both of you for your comments.

As for the first one, I honestly can't remember if it was two bursts or one, I'm guessing that it may have been a single one with two different effects though. For the second, I'm not positive, but I think it's just camera shake that happened to come out looking cool. Since there is no center burst in that one it looks like the exposure didn't start until after it went off, and with my wobbly tripod, it was probably still moving a bit. Either way, I liked the effect!
  • Shades of HyperionShades of Hyperion Registered Users Posts: 367 Major grins
    edited July 6, 2010
    great shots, I really like #3
    Scooba Steve

Shades of Hyperion photography
    Extraordinary photos can not be had standing where everyone else is standing, looking where everyone else is looking