Boston Fireworks

HaveCameraWillTravelHaveCameraWillTravel Registered Users Posts: 72 Big grins
edited July 10, 2010 in Other Cool Shots
2010 was a spectacular year for the Fireworks in Boston!:thumb I'll share a few choice shots, and you be the judge. But what a hassle it was to find a good spot for a tripod:tough - and getting out of the place when the show was over!:whew

924690463_T6kxb-L.jpg

924700986_aRZ5R-L.jpg

924708439_jXD9f-L.jpg

Like to see more of this year's Boston Fireworks? Here's the link:
http://gonyeagalleries.smugmug.com/Boston/Boston-Fireworks-2010/12822135_dCYCE#924708439_jXD9f

Enjoy!

Comments

• PattiPatti Registered Users Posts: 1,576 Major grins
    edited July 6, 2010
    Wow!
    The use of a camera is similar to that of a knife. You can use it to peel potatoes, or carve a flute. ~ E. Kahlmeyer
    ... I'm still peeling potatoes.

patti hinton photography
  • Shades of HyperionShades of Hyperion Registered Users Posts: 367 Major grins
    edited July 6, 2010
    Nice, I would love to find a display on the water like that
    Scooba Steve

Shades of Hyperion photography
    Extraordinary photos can not be had standing where everyone else is standing, looking where everyone else is looking
  • HaveCameraWillTravelHaveCameraWillTravel Registered Users Posts: 72 Big grins
    edited July 10, 2010
    Patti wrote: »
    Wow!
    Visited your site. Love those B+W shots! The lighting is dramatic, and they each tell a story (or imply one - such as the cigarette on the beam). In particular, I liked "Breakdown" best. There are many ways to interpret the young woman's expression within the context. Yet we don't see the man's. Which is a story in itself. But it seems to capture the moment in a relationship in which the last nail has been driven in the coffin, and there is no reconciliation possible. Been there before (haven't we all?), so I recognize that look.

While I have a passion for color, one thing I've noticed about B+W is that is seems to be a better medium for capturing emotion. With the color removed, one concentrates on form and lighting, and how they interact to set a mood.

And thanks for the compliment on my pictures!

Best Wishes,
    Art