ImageX PhotographyImageX Photography Registered Users Posts: 528 Major grins
edited July 10, 2010 in Landscapes
dsc375201.jpg

dsc373423.jpg

dsc374456.jpg

Comments

• BradfordBennBradfordBenn Registered Users Posts: 2,506 Major grins
    edited July 6, 2010
    I really like #1, it took me a few moments to realize that I was looking at a train track. The color is striking as well. If the ties weren't there it would have taken even longer to realize what it is. Very cool.
    -=Bradford

Pictures | Website | Blog | Twitter | Contact
  • dlplumerdlplumer Registered Users Posts: 8,081 Major grins
    edited July 6, 2010
    Nice comps but way over processed imo:D
  • ImageX PhotographyImageX Photography Registered Users Posts: 528 Major grins
    edited July 6, 2010
    dlplumer wrote: »
    Nice comps but way over processed imo:D

Nooooooo. In what way do ya think they are over processed? I'm usually pretty careful NOT to do that. Or are you just saying that from the other thread? :rambo
    edited July 6, 2010
    I really like #1, it took me a few moments to realize that I was looking at a train track. The color is striking as well. If the ties weren't there it would have taken even longer to realize what it is. Very cool.

Thanks! Yeah, I knew people would be like "huh"..... until they saw the actual tracks. Had to post them in that specific order! :D

The second pic messes with me. Even though it's my own pic..... my brain still wants to see it as some kind of mirror image. If I had drawn a line down the center.... people might have looked at it a little longer trying to figure out what's up with it.

One more from the set.

dsc372867.jpg
  • philtographyphiltography Registered Users Posts: 101 Major grins
    edited July 8, 2010
    Nooooooo. In what way do ya think they are over processed? I'm usually pretty careful NOT to do that. Or are you just saying that from the other thread? :rambo
    Because this type of HDR rendering just doesn't appeal to some people so I am guessing that is what is being referred to as 'overprocessed'.
    But hey it is a style so you either like it or you don't...
    Phillip Norman Photography
    http://www.phillipnorman.com
    edited July 8, 2010
    Because this type of HDR rendering just doesn't appeal to some people so I am guessing that is what is being referred to as 'overprocessed'.
    But hey it is a style so you either like it or you don't...

True that, Phil.

They replied in another thread but still wouldn't specifically explain what they meant by "over processed". Other than saturated colors.... all I got was "the HDR processing that you did is too much." headscratch.gif
  • nazquelnazquel Registered Users Posts: 181 Major grins
    edited July 9, 2010
    i think it could be little much on the eyes... HDR takes away a bit of the DoF which makes it look more natural.
    Navin Sarma

Washington, D.C., based landscape and fine art photographer

http://navinsarmaphotography.com/
    edited July 9, 2010
    I just don't see where there is "too much" HDR processing. Maybe if someone would explain what they mean? The colors are over saturated but that's really all that my eyes see in this set. ne_nau.gif I guess everyone sees things differently as well as having their own opinions.
  • NorthernFocusNorthernFocus Registered Users Posts: 1,347 Major grins
    edited July 9, 2010
    These are some interesting comps. The trees do look a bit neon. Almost like an old "colorized" B/W. And in the second post the clouds don't seem bright enough to match how well lit the foreground is. The first image in the OP is the best one IMO.
    Dan

My Photo Gallery:Northern Focus Photography
    I wish I was half the man that my dog thinks I am...
    edited July 10, 2010
    These are some interesting comps. The trees do look a bit neon. Almost like an old "colorized" B/W. And in the second post the clouds don't seem bright enough to match how well lit the foreground is. The first image in the OP is the best one IMO.

Thanks. I appreciate the detailed critique. thumb.gif The colors are definitely(and purposely) oversaturated. Non photographers love that. mwink.gif I made them for a friend who works at the railroad. I can't really explain the "non bright" cloud thing. Just how it turned out I guess. haha