Lightroom 3 Catalog question

B643B643 Registered Users Posts: 134 Major grins
edited July 7, 2010 in Finishing School
I have installed LR 3 but when I open the catalogs, the catalog title states LR 2 Catalog 2. I have deleted my previous version of LR2. When I installed LR3, it asked if I wanted to use an earlier catalog. I opted for this for obvious reasons. I would expect the catalogs to read LR3 Catalog 2. What am I missing here?

Comments

• PupatorPupator Registered Users Posts: 2,322 Major grins
    edited July 6, 2010
    When you created the catalog (in LR 2) it named it "LR 2 Catalog 2." Now, no matter what version of LR you open the catalog in, that's going to be its name. It's not a big deal but if you wanted you could save the catalog under a different name and then start using the new version. Mine reads LR 2 Catalog 2 also.
  • bgarlandbgarland Registered Users Posts: 761 Major grins
    edited July 7, 2010
    Hmm? I checked mine I have a copy of the LR2 named Lightroom Catalog 2 previous and it's now using one named Lightroom 3 catalog.

I think I remember converting the LR2 catalog during the LR3 install.
  • PilotBradPilotBrad Registered Users Posts: 339 Major grins
    edited July 7, 2010
    Don't know if it helps, but you can simply rename a catalog if you want. I've done it before and IIRC you just need to rename the catalog file and the preview folder through your OS, then when you start lightroom you'll have to open the now renamed catalog. But please don't take my word for it... I found renaming instructions online.

In my case it converted my old LR2 catalog to a new catalog with a more generic name, but left the old one intact. Afterwards I just simply deleted the old one.
  • PupatorPupator Registered Users Posts: 2,322 Major grins
    edited July 7, 2010
    bgarland wrote: »
    Hmm? I checked mine I have a copy of the LR2 named Lightroom Catalog 2 previous and it's now using one named Lightroom 3 catalog.

I think I remember converting the LR2 catalog during the LR3 install.

My catalog is also converted (it has to be to work in LR3) but not renamed. I just stuck with the same name because I leave all my photos in one catalog anyway.