foreground/background color HELP

Eric&SusanEric&Susan Registered Users Posts: 1,280 Major grins
edited August 23, 2005 in Finishing School
I'm using PSE3. Today I wanted to use the brush tool to draw a red circle around somehting so I went into the foreground/background color picker on the bottom left. It bought up the usual chart with colors and numerical values and I selected red. Then clicked OK. But the only color I get is grey. Doesn't matter what color I choose I still get gret. Background or foreground still grey:dunno

Anybody got any ideas? I looked in the color setting but all it gives is an option to change your workspace color.:dunno

Eric
"My dad taught me everything I know, unfortunately he didn't teach me everything he knows" Dale Earnhardt Jr

It's better to be hated for who you are than to be loved for who you're not.

http://photosbyeric.smugmug.com

Comments

• cletuscletus Registered Users Posts: 1,930 Major grins
    edited August 23, 2005
    Eric&Susan wrote:
    I'm using PSE3. Today I wanted to use the brush tool to draw a red circle around somehting so I went into the foreground/background color picker on the bottom left. It bought up the usual chart with colors and numerical values and I selected red. Then clicked OK. But the only color I get is grey. Doesn't matter what color I choose I still get gret. Background or foreground still greyne_nau.gif

Anybody got any ideas? I looked in the color setting but all it gives is an option to change your workspace color.ne_nau.gif

Eric
    Is there any color in the rest of your image, or is it all greyscale???

If there isn't any color, it sounds like you're in greyscale mode. In PSCS you would go under the Image menu to change modes. Not sure where you change that in PSE though.
  • Eric&SusanEric&Susan Registered Users Posts: 1,280 Major grins
    edited August 23, 2005
    Thank you Cletus!!thumb.gif

It was a scan of a black and white so it was in grey scale. Switching to RGB worked. Thanks for the quick replyclap.gif

Thanks again,

Eric
    "My dad taught me everything I know, unfortunately he didn't teach me everything he knows" Dale Earnhardt Jr

It's better to be hated for who you are than to be loved for who you're not.

http://photosbyeric.smugmug.com