Help: Non-profit fundraiser w/my photos

QuitaritaQuitarita Registered Users Posts: 126 Major grins
edited July 7, 2010 in Mind Your Own Business
Hi folks!

Hope you all had a good 4th of July! :)

I spent a week at Jazz Camp West www.jazzcampwest.com as their official photographer and want to help this non-profit organization raise more money. It is such an amazing place for anyone creative, not just musicians and dancers.

Is there a way to set something up on smugmug where I post all my photos, people select which ones they want to download, they pay and the money goes directly to Jazz Camp West? I want to make this as easy for me & them as possible and I don't want my taxes to get affected by it all. Oh and ideally, before they pay, there would also be a donation option to give more money.

Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Thank you!
~r

Comments

• RogersDARogersDA Registered Users Posts: 3,502 Major grins
    edited July 7, 2010
    If they are a non-profit then they can file the forms needed to get a free SmugMug account. Send an email to help@smugmug.com and they will get you the information.

Even if they do not qualify for a free account, work with them to set one up in their name(s).

Then - work with them to design the site and you can upload your photos. The sales will then go to them directly. Helps you and them.
  • QuitaritaQuitarita Registered Users Posts: 126 Major grins
    edited July 7, 2010
    Thank you David!

I just emailed smugmug help to start the process. Thank you so much for the reply! I'm excited about setting this up and helping them out!

Have a super fantastic day!
    ~r
  • BradfordBennBradfordBenn Registered Users Posts: 2,506 Major grins
    edited July 7, 2010
    As a former executive officer of a non-profit that has a SmugMug account, I cannot applaud or recommend SmugMug enough for the support that they show to non-profits. It is a very simple process and they make it very easy.
    -=Bradford

Pictures | Website | Blog | Twitter | Contact