Mount Ranier from the Air

redleashredleash Registered Users Posts: 3,840 Major grins
edited July 20, 2010 in Landscapes
Spelling correction: Rainier !!!

I was able to see Mt Ranier's peak on my way home from the Alaska trip. I shot these through the airplane window with my 70-300. I was pleased with the results. C&C welcomed.

Thanks,
Lauren

920699013_ymKTw-L.jpg

926908099_EpDGE-L.jpg

926910369_5A4Qn-L.jpg
"But ask the animals, and they will teach you." (Job 12:7)

Lauren Blackwell
www.redleashphoto.com

Comments

• redleashredleash Registered Users Posts: 3,840 Major grins
    edited July 18, 2010
    Thought I'd bump this up to see if there are any suggestions for me. Any and all C&C is welcomed.

Thanks,
    Lauren

Lauren Blackwell
    www.redleashphoto.com
  • jayegirljayegirl Registered Users Posts: 276 Major grins
    edited July 18, 2010
    No suggestions. I like them. I have tried a few airplane seat shots and they are not near as clear. The window gunk and plastic look shows bad on my few attempts.
    Jaye
  • black mambablack mamba Registered Users Posts: 8,323 Major grins
    edited July 19, 2010
    Considering the circumstances, Lauren, I think you did very well here. I find these shots to be very appealing.

Tom
    I always wanted to lie naked on a bearskin rug in front of a fireplace. Cracker Barrel didn't take kindly to it.
  • rontront Registered Users Posts: 1,473 Major grins
    edited July 19, 2010
    I love these photos Lauren. Such rugged terrain. Great job on these!

Ron
    "The question is not what you look at, but what you see". Henry David Thoreau

http://ront.smugmug.com/
    Nikon D600, Nikon 85 f/1.8G, Nikon 24-120mm f/4, Nikon 70-300, Nikon SB-700, Canon S95
    edited July 19, 2010
    Thanks, ya'll. I was surprised to find myself seated at a pretty clear window--they usually are too dirty to shoot from. On top of that, I was on the correct side of the plane!

Lauren Blackwell
    www.redleashphoto.com
  • coscorrosacoscorrosa Registered Users Posts: 2,284 Major grins
    edited July 19, 2010
    A great perspective of my favorite mountain! I think I like the first the best.
    edited July 20, 2010
    Thanks, Ron. I think #1 is my fave also, because of the wide view. I'd been to Seattle a couple times before but this was my first time seeing the mountain!

Lauren Blackwell
    www.redleashphoto.com
  • EiaEia Registered Users Posts: 3,627 Major grins
    edited July 20, 2010
    I can't believe you got this from an airplane window!clap.gif What an awesome, powerful view. I think my favorite is the first one because I see a bit more detail at the lower part of the mountain - but I do like the far off distant mountains in the last pic. It makes me feel so small!
  • jamesljamesl Registered Users Posts: 642 Major grins
    edited July 20, 2010
    redleash wrote: »
    Spelling correction: Rainier !!!

I was able to see Mt Ranier's peak on my way home from the Alaska trip. I shot these through the airplane window with my 70-300. I was pleased with the results. C&C welcomed.

Thanks,
    Lauren

These are spectacular, especially given the shooting conditions. Great job! First is my favorite. thumb.gif