Options

Random People watching shots - Hampton Court

PreachermanPreacherman Registered Users Posts: 80 Big grins
edited July 10, 2010 in Street and Documentary
A few shots taken at Hampton Court Flower Show taken this Tuesday (6th Jul)

928068443_W4isj-L.jpg

928067486_3x72j-L.jpg

Great Hat!!!

928063773_Q2Mj2-L.jpg

Comments

• Options
    RichardRichard Administrators, Vanilla Admin Posts: 19,931 moderator
    edited July 10, 2010
    Hey John,
    People watching can be a lot of fun. I think you need to work on your timing and/or DOF a bit so as to get better isolation of your subjects. For example, the people in #1 were probably sitting there for a long time, so why not wait till the guy in the background moves out of the scene? Or better still, something more interesting moves into it? Our brains are very good at blocking out distractions but the camera is not, so we have to force ourselves to pay attention to everything in the viewfinder. The hat is indeed impressive, but the guy behind it doesn't contribute much. I realize that scenes change quickly and you don't always get to choose, but with a little practice I think one can develop a sense of how the movement is unfolding and anticipate when and where the shot should be taken.
  • Options
    PreachermanPreacherman Registered Users Posts: 80 Big grins
    edited July 10, 2010
    Richard wrote: »
    Hey John,
    People watching can be a lot of fun. I think you need to work on your timing and/or DOF a bit so as to get better isolation of your subjects. For example, the people in #1 were probably sitting there for a long time, so why not wait till the guy in the background moves out of the scene? Or better still, something more interesting moves into it? Our brains are very good at blocking out distractions but the camera is not, so we have to force ourselves to pay attention to everything in the viewfinder. The hat is indeed impressive, but the guy behind it doesn't contribute much. I realize that scenes change quickly and you don't always get to choose, but with a little practice I think one can develop a sense of how the movement is unfolding and anticipate when and where the shot should be taken.

Cheers Richard appreciate the feedback. Fair comment. They were there awhile - but I was conscious that I was also sitting right opposite them and tried to catch them without being aware that I was "snapping".

John