Options

Monarch

MuskyDudeMuskyDude Registered Users Posts: 1,508 Major grins
edited August 25, 2005 in Holy Macro
Hello Dgrin'ers,

I have been very busy for the past few weeks "De-bachelorfying" (completely renovating bathroom, painting the rest ect) my apt. in anticipation of the arrival of Dani and have had very little time for fun. On Sunday I managed to get away for a brief time and took this, my favorite butterfly, the monarch.

32908718-L-1.jpg

AJ

Comments

• Options
    4labs4labs Registered Users Posts: 2,089 Major grins
    edited August 24, 2005
    Whip.gifThat's a beautiful shot AJ.
  • Options
    edited August 24, 2005
    4labs wrote:
    Whip.gifThat's a beautiful shot AJ.

Laughing.gif! rolleyes1.gif And thanks Eric! thumb.gif

AJ
  • Options
    bfjrbfjr Registered Users Posts: 10,980 Major grins
    edited August 24, 2005
    Excellent AJ thumb.gif
    De bacherlorfying Hmmmm now that's a funny line rolleyes1.gif
  • Options
    edited August 24, 2005
    bfjr wrote:
    Excellent AJ thumb.gif
    De bacherlorfying Hmmmm now that's a funny line rolleyes1.gif
    Heh, thanks Ben! It quite accurately describes what's going on over here...:D

AJ
  • Options
    wally5656wally5656 Registered Users Posts: 448 Major grins
    edited August 24, 2005
    Nice capture AJ, the color is great!!!
  • Options
    Steve CaviglianoSteve Cavigliano Super Moderators Posts: 3,599 moderator
    edited August 24, 2005
    Really nice AJ thumb.gifthumb.gif Love the sharpness and contrast clap.gif

Speaking of contrast, good luck with the de-bachelorfying and remember to put the seat down rolleyes1.gif For some unknown reason, women get livid about this one ne_nau.gif

Laughing.gif

Steve
    SmugMug Support Hero
  • Options
    DaniDani Registered Users Posts: 807 Major grins
    edited August 24, 2005
    Really nice AJ thumb.gifthumb.gif Love the sharpness and contrast clap.gif

Speaking of contrast, good luck with the de-bachelorfying and remember to put the seat down rolleyes1.gif For some unknown reason, women get livid about this one ne_nau.gif

Laughing.gif

Steve
    If you've ever accidently sat on (or maybe that should be 'in') the toilet while the seat was up... you would understand!!!! umph.gif
    Dani

20D | 300D-IR | EF-S 10-22 | EF-S 18-55 | 50 f/1.8 II | 70-200 f/4L | 17-40L | Lensbaby 2.0 | 250D | 550ex | Gitzo 1257 | RRS BH-40 | RRS L-plates

The Blog | The Photos
  • Options
    G KG K Registered Users Posts: 87 Big grins
    edited August 25, 2005
    Wow AJ- that is one cool butterfly - I really like how you have captured the texture of the wing! good luck with the renovations ;)

~g
  • Options
    marlofmarlof Registered Users Posts: 1,833 Major grins
    edited August 25, 2005
    Dani wrote:
    If you've ever accidently sat on (or maybe that should be 'in') the toilet while the seat was up... you would understand!!!! umph.gif
    Girls. Always annoyed by such small things. Do we care if they forget to put the seat up? Nah, we just aim a little better. mwink.gif

Great shot BTW, AJ.
    enjoy being here while getting there
  • Options
    elfving73elfving73 Registered Users Posts: 941 Major grins
    edited August 25, 2005
    Sweet! Lovely colors!
    :):
    MuskyDude wrote:
    Hello Dgrin'ers,

I have been very busy for the past few weeks "De-bachelorfying" (completely renovating bathroom, painting the rest ect) my apt. in anticipation of the arrival of Dani and have had very little time for fun. On Sunday I managed to get away for a brief time and took this, my favorite butterfly, the monarch.

32908718-L-1.jpg

AJ
  • Options
    Steve CaviglianoSteve Cavigliano Super Moderators Posts: 3,599 moderator
    edited August 25, 2005
    Dani wrote:
    Laughing.gif Dani,

While I will concede that you folks of the fairer gender always have to sit, I think this excuse is overused rolleyes1.gif I mean come on. We have to sit every now and then too and have you ever heard a guy make this same compliant? I'm thinking you haven't. There are 2 possible explanations. One, we may occassionally fall in too, but we are just too embarassed to own up to it (us guys don't do well talking about our feelings, especially the cold wet butt cheek feeling lol3.gif ) Two, we usually look before we leap, or in this case before we sit.......lol

While I've got to sympathize with you ladies, you need to look at it from our point of view. Imagine being able to do your business standing up and not looking to see if the lid is down :yikes You're right. Not a pretty visual, is it? :lol

J/K you :D I wish you two the best and hope that the biggest problem you guys encounter is the "lid/seat" problem thumb.gif

Steve
    SmugMug Support Hero