Hello! C&C Please

SimpsonBrothersSimpsonBrothers Registered Users Posts: 1,079 Major grins
edited July 11, 2010 in People

Comments

• tomnovytomnovy Registered Users Posts: 1,101 SmugMug Employee
    edited July 10, 2010
    Nice but to contrasty for me. The colour of his/her eyes has melted in to black - its like there is no life on the image. If you like shooting in dark condition, very contrasty I know a nice trick to bring life to eyes. Put a white, bright peace of paper in front of him so that it bounce the light straight to his eyes, and you will see like hmmm white, shiny object in his eyes. Usually it works really good. Try it :)
    SmugMug Support Hero | Customizer | My SmugMug site - http://www.photom.me | Customization Portal - https://portal.photom.me
  • HackboneHackbone Registered Users Posts: 4,027 Major grins
    edited July 10, 2010
    Everyone has an opinion so please take it for that.....the photo is a little on the dark side (not meaning exposure) for a child photograph. It should be more light and happiness for a child. Introduce a reflector into the shot to bring more light to the child.
  • SimpsonBrothersSimpsonBrothers Registered Users Posts: 1,079 Major grins
    edited July 10, 2010
    tomnovy wrote: »
    The colour of his/her eyes has melted in to black
    In the daylight his eyes are black, they will move to dark brown as he gets older. :D
  • SimpsonBrothersSimpsonBrothers Registered Users Posts: 1,079 Major grins
    edited July 10, 2010
    Hackbone wrote: »
    Everyone has an opinion so please take it for that.....the photo is a little on the dark side (not meaning exposure) for a child photograph. It should be more light and happiness for a child. Introduce a reflector into the shot to bring more light to the child.
    Thanks
    I take more of a darker view to child photography than the rest of the world. I got tired of the light fluffy photos long ago.
  • Chrissiebeez_NLChrissiebeez_NL Registered Users Posts: 1,295 Major grins
    edited July 10, 2010
    my honest .2 $... strangely in the middel of everything. The shot doesn't do much for me sorry, too contrasty and the black is unsettling as well. Looks like a hard flash with super high shutter speed to produce this?

dont get me wrong, i like out of the box and there are a lot of fluffy baby shots on this forum but..
    Visit my website at christopherroos.smugmug.com
  • happysmileyladyhappysmileylady Registered Users Posts: 195 Major grins
    edited July 10, 2010
    I actually don't mind the slightly "dark" look to kid shots on occasion, and I am ALL about cute, fluffy, light and airy kid and baby shots. However, and in this I speak as a mom of a kid about the same age (I am guessing 18months to 2 yrs?) and who LOVES phones and being naked, I don't think the look fits the image in this case. You have a lime green phone there with a cutesy little penguine charm. I don't think the contrast between the custy of the phone and the darker concept of the photo works all that well.
  • Mike JMike J Registered Users Posts: 1,029 Major grins
    edited July 11, 2010
    My opinion is just that - mine. I, too, find this too dark and too contrasty. I also find the way the torso disappears into the black in that V shape to be very un-natural. I get the sense of a disembodied torso.
    Mike J

Comments and constructive criticism always welcome.
    www.mikejulianaphotography.com
    Facebook