What happens with a 7 year old plays with a P&S?

GadgetRickGadgetRick Registered Users Posts: 787 Major grins
edited July 10, 2010 in Other Cool Shots
Ok, my 7 year old son has been more interested in photography lately (YAAAAYYYY!) so I've been giving him my wife's P&S to play with. He shot these yesterday while I was messing with my camera. Though they were cute.

1:
Gotta shoot his favorite remote-controlled car...
929629865_ZrEcT-L.jpg

2:
Yes, Pokémon is still big...
929632902_QS74v-L.jpg

3:
Headshot of Chocolate...his VT Teddy Bear...
929629961_ah2rR-L.jpg

4:
Cocoa, his favorite dog...
929630027_dL9Sj-L.jpg

5:
Headshot of Cocoa...
929630098_UvYH5-L.jpg

6:
Family portrait with some Zhuzhu pets...
929630184_wSz4j-L.jpg

I showed him how to do macro on the camera so he can shoot his Pokémon a little better. Trying to teach him some composition as well. He's pretty smart and can grasp a lot. I'm hopeful I can turn him into a competent shooter with that camera and, once he gets older, a dslr. :ivar

Comments

• Awais YaqubAwais Yaqub Registered Users Posts: 10,572 Major grins
    edited July 10, 2010
    Wow these came out superb!
    Congrats
    Thine is the beauty of light; mine is the song of fire. Thy beauty exalts the heart; my song inspires the soul. Allama Iqbal

My Gallery
  • WillCADWillCAD Registered Users Posts: 722 Major grins
    edited July 10, 2010
    That's good stuff for a 7-year old. If he maintains interest, he could become a great photographer by the time he's in high school.
    What I said when I saw the Grand Canyon for the first time: "The wide ain't wide enough and the zoom don't zoom enough!"
  • GadgetRickGadgetRick Registered Users Posts: 787 Major grins
    edited July 10, 2010
    WillCAD wrote: »
    That's good stuff for a 7-year old. If he maintains interest, he could become a great photographer by the time he's in high school.

Well, I just want him to find things he enjoys and pursue those things. He's found the love of playing sports I've had my whole life and now he's starting to get into photography. As long as he's happy, I'm happy.