Options

DSS 54 Which one?

lkbartlkbart Registered Users Posts: 1,912 Major grins
edited July 11, 2010 in The Dgrin Challenges
Hi there - Hope you can help me out. Haven't done much with challenges in the past, but thought this might be fun. The title of my entry will be: "Rest in Peace" & the cliche should be very obvious! Here are the photos to choose from. Also let me know if the processing is okay. Reshoot is a definite possibility - especially this evening with better light :) Thanks for the help!
1. Background is kinda bright - used fill flash on this & #2
929959246_TEVJG-M-1.jpg

929959272_rmaRZ-M-1.jpg

3. Different background - no flash
929959274_tMdJs-M-1.jpg

4. No physical contact with the bucket here (just almost)
929959278_2heyn-M-1.jpg

5. Portrait instead of landscape
929959236_MAR82-M-1.jpg

6. Movement of the kicking foot
929959237_kKKMP-M-1.jpg
All C&C welcome - thanks!
~Lillian~
A photograph is an artistic expression of life, captured one moment at a time . . .
http://bartlettphotoart.smugmug.com/

Comments

• Options
    oldtown_dreameroldtown_dreamer Registered Users Posts: 177 Major grins
    edited July 10, 2010
    hi there, welcome to the challenges. you sure picked a fun one!

great concept, really photogenic bucket.... just not sure about the shoe and the leg... guess the shoes just don't say "kick" to me (cool shoe, though).

having said all that, i like the light and the composition of 5 and 6.

hope that helps.

- Diana
  • Options
    WhatSheSawWhatSheSaw Registered Users Posts: 2,221 Major grins
    edited July 10, 2010
    I think the darker BG works better in 3-6. I think it works better with more light on the subject in 1-2. Of the leg/bucket positions, I like 4 best, although I would like to see all of the handle of the bucket.

Good idea - you're almost there! clap.gif
  • Options
    edited July 11, 2010
    Thanks for the input - will try to incorporate a little fill flash in the darker setting. And I agree - I don't like the bucket handle cut off, would rather see a little of the hook than not all the handle. And we may try a different shoe - not sure if I can locate a cowboy boot (which I'm sure would say kick), but my daughter's a dancer & has pointe shoes so we may try that. Not sure what other shoes will work with the bucket - & thanks/I agree, it's a cool ice bucket (pun intended!)! I've got her pinned down for a re-shoot this afternoon - Thanks again! Hopefully I can get new shots & more feedback before the deadline - I know it's drawing close.
    ~Lillian~
    A photograph is an artistic expression of life, captured one moment at a time . . .
  • Options
    edited July 11, 2010
    Okay, so here's retakes - decided to add water to the mix:
    931160341_gtt4U-M.jpg

931160356_Xxqys-M.jpg

931160371_Fo55F-M.jpg
    Which would you choose?? Didn't have time to process, so these are pretty much right out of the camera, no crop or anything - Thanks for the feedback! :)
    ~Lillian~
  • Options
    WhatSheSawWhatSheSaw Registered Users Posts: 2,221 Major grins
    edited July 11, 2010
    The water is a great touch! #3 for me.