Thunder & Lightning in july

Chrissiebeez_NLChrissiebeez_NL Registered Users Posts: 1,295 Major grins
edited July 12, 2010 in Landscapes
All hell broke loose here in the Netherlands so naturally... i took out my camera! :D
930075155_GHyfn-XL.jpg
Visit my website at christopherroos.smugmug.com

Comments

• DLC PhotoDLC Photo Registered Users Posts: 98 Big grins
    edited July 10, 2010
    Very Cool, Nice Capture!
  • ImageX PhotographyImageX Photography Registered Users Posts: 528 Major grins
    edited July 10, 2010
    Awesome shot! How did you catch it? Long exposure?
  • Chrissiebeez_NLChrissiebeez_NL Registered Users Posts: 1,295 Major grins
    edited July 11, 2010
    Thanks!

I had to do some experimenting with shutter speed and aperture. This shot was six seconds at 5.6, iso 100. I thought that using 30' would be better at first but some of the lightning bolts did not show up somehow (i think because the long exposure averaged things out or something headscratch.gif) so i finally ended at 6' rolleyes1.gif
  • Chrissiebeez_NLChrissiebeez_NL Registered Users Posts: 1,295 Major grins
    edited July 11, 2010
    once i figured that out i just put the cam on continous stots, put the remote in and went for a beer :D
  • ImageX PhotographyImageX Photography Registered Users Posts: 528 Major grins
    edited July 11, 2010
    haha That's awesome. I bet you were thinking nothing except for getting the shot when you were having that beer. It turned out great. I can't wait to give lightning a try myself! Thanks for the tips/info. Congrats on the shot.
  • schmooschmoo Registered Users Posts: 8,468 Major grins
    edited July 12, 2010
    Your exposure is perfect! I love that the buildings are neither completely black nor blown out. Nice work thumb.gif