4 Year Old Shooter

SimpsonBrothersSimpsonBrothers Registered Users Posts: 1,079 Major grins
edited July 21, 2010 in People
So we had an engagement shoot and my 4 year old wanted to come, so I told him if he was going to go, he had to shoot. So he took his Lego Pinhole digital camera.
All pics are SOOC
What do you think?

930760139_PUBXo-L.jpg

930760203_UidCv-M.jpg

930759908_9Tgie-M.jpg

Comments

• adbsgicomadbsgicom Registered Users Posts: 3,615 Major grins
    edited July 11, 2010
    I'm headed to the lego store....
    Nice shots!
    - Andrew

Who is wise? He who learns from everyone.
    My SmugMug Site
  • tomnovytomnovy Registered Users Posts: 1,101 SmugMug Employee
    edited July 11, 2010
    They look like taken with Nokia mobile phone.
    SmugMug Support Hero | Customizer | My SmugMug site - http://www.photom.me | Customization Portal - https://portal.photom.me
  • SimpsonBrothersSimpsonBrothers Registered Users Posts: 1,079 Major grins
    edited July 11, 2010
    I think the quality may be worse than a phone, it's only 3mp.
  • Mike JMike J Registered Users Posts: 1,029 Major grins
    edited July 11, 2010
    Okay...
    #1 - He needs to watch the background or clone out the poles
    #2 - Needs to straighten out the horizon
    #3 - He cut off their feet

Just kidding :D:D:D
    Now that you've given your 4-year old a taste, you know he is going to want to go on all of your shoots.thumb.gif I could think of worse things.
    Mike J

Comments and constructive criticism always welcome.
    www.mikejulianaphotography.com
    Facebook
  • HackboneHackbone Registered Users Posts: 4,027 Major grins
    edited July 11, 2010
    He's got the rule of thirds down!!! He's on his way to fame and fortune. Head and glamour shots in Kindergarden.....what a head start.
  • bucket772bucket772 Registered Users Posts: 29 Big grins
    edited July 20, 2010
    Is he available for weddings? It's in the fall so I don't know his Pre-K school schedule
    davehoffmanphotography.com
    an under construction smugmug site
    NewJerseyfire.com
    South Jerseys Source for Emergency Services Photography
  • Jazmyn76Jazmyn76 Registered Users Posts: 103 Major grins
    edited July 21, 2010
    These are great! You've got a budding little artist there who knows how to see the picture in the picture already! My little guy (almost 5yo) is an avid shutterbug too (which is no surprise at all to anyone who knows us.. lol), only he really likes taking more pictures of abstract things like shoes, the sprinklerhead, etc. when he's got our little powershot in his hands, Laughing.gif! I love giving kids a camera to see things the way they see them!
  • WillCADWillCAD Registered Users Posts: 722 Major grins
    edited July 21, 2010
    Dadgum... those are impressive for a 4-year-old. Hackbone is right - the kid seems to instinctively grasp the Rule of Thirds (something I still struggle with myself).

Mike J - How do you know he didn't INTENTIONALLY leave the poles in, or cut off the feet, or tilt the horizon? :D

Actually, in all seriousness, #2 is a great shot. The tilt really does look intentional, and with the right-1/3 composition, it truly looks like a shot that a pro would have composed carefully to acheive just that effect. Being that he's 4, I'd guess that the tilt was accidental, but it works. And I'm someone who rarely likes the tilt effect in a photo (I think it's way overused and in many cases becomes a meaningless hoity-toity affectation).
    What I said when I saw the Grand Canyon for the first time: "The wide ain't wide enough and the zoom don't zoom enough!"