Alessandra - Model at Sunset

binghottbinghott Registered Users Posts: 1,075 Major grins
edited August 25, 2005 in People
took these on monday, this was my last photoshoot before i leave for college tomorrow. once again, i was blessed with a stunning model, i had a great shoot with her, i only wish we started earlier because it got too dark too fast. shot with digital rebel, and a mix of tamron 28-75 2.8 and canon 70-200 2.8L. you should also know that alessandra doesnt like to smile. please tell me what you think, like em, hate em, what you would've done better. thanks for looking!

33161435-M-1.jpg

33176644-M.jpg

33174105-M.jpg

33167868-M-3.jpg

33168022-M-1.jpg

33173929-M.jpg

(pictures from all of my photoshoots can be seen on my website binghott.com)

Comments

• SnapHappySnapHappy Registered Users Posts: 328 Major grins
    edited August 24, 2005
    Good shots 3, 4 & 5 are my favorite's.

I really like shot 1, the expression, skin tones, the angle are all good. The only thing that bothers me are the models lower legs. We can't see them. If she had sat with her legs to her side then this would have been perfect.

Shot 4 is great. thumb.gif

Great looking model too.
  • gluwatergluwater Registered Users Posts: 3,599 Major grins
    edited August 24, 2005
    I think I like #3 the most. I like the composition, color, and lighting in it. I think the white balance is off in the 2nd, 4th, and 6th shots, maybe try using a warming filter in PS. Also maybe whiten the eyes in some of them. Just some small things that will make them better. Overall I think they are very nice shots.

Nick
    Nick
    SmugMug Technical Account Manager
    Travel = good. Woo, shooting!
    nickwphoto
  • OwenOwen Registered Users Posts: 948 Major grins
    edited August 24, 2005
    binghott wrote:

33168022-M-1.jpg
    That's your best. It's the most interesting to me. Well done, nice series.

Owen
  • PeterGarPeterGar Registered Users Posts: 294 Major grins
    edited August 24, 2005
    Can you specify which were shot on the Tamron lens please?
  • binghottbinghott Registered Users Posts: 1,075 Major grins
    edited August 24, 2005
    PeterGar wrote:
    Can you specify which were shot on the Tamron lens please?
    wow, i just realized that all the ones i posted were with the tamron, how about that. . .

it's a superb lens.
  • PeterGarPeterGar Registered Users Posts: 294 Major grins
    edited August 24, 2005
    binghott wrote:
    wow, i just realized that all the ones i posted were with the tamron, how about that. . .

it's a superb lens.
    That's very reassuring. I'm highly considering that lens myself.

Thanks!
  • dragon300zxdragon300zx Registered Users Posts: 2,575 Major grins
    edited August 24, 2005
    The tamron is a great lens. And those are good pictures focus on them is good. My only comment that hasn't already been said by others is she is a pretty model but it seems like way to much jewelry (read, way to much gawdy gold) in the photos. Very distracting from the model.
    Everyone Has A Photographic Memory. Some Just Do Not Have Film.
    www.zxstudios.com
    http://creativedragonstudios.smugmug.com
  • Techman1Techman1 Registered Users Posts: 155 Major grins
    edited August 24, 2005
    Barry,

How much post processing was done to these photos? Any special tricks or tips associated with this batch. They all look very good. Nice job!

Fred
    edited August 24, 2005
    The tamron is a great lens. And those are good pictures focus on them is good. My only comment that hasn't already been said by others is she is a pretty model but it seems like way to much jewelry (read, way to much gawdy gold) in the photos. Very distracting from the model.
    i was waiting for someone to mention the gold. my opinion: it's possibly distracting in some pics, but i see them more as a cool antique piece than gawdy to me.

Techman1 wrote:
    Barry,

How much post processing was done to these photos? Any special tricks or tips associated with this batch. They all look very good. Nice job!

Fred
    i just started to touch the color balance on these, some are clearly better than others. no other touch ups yet, but i dont think i need any
  • BoomerangNetwork.comBoomerangNetwork.com Registered Users Posts: 63 Big grins
    edited August 24, 2005
    Nice shots. My favorite is #3.

Thanks for sharing
    Andrew Osterberg

Moving Beyond Photography

VirtualPhotographyStudio.com
  • KhaosKhaos Registered Users Posts: 2,435 Major grins
    edited August 24, 2005
    I think you nailed exposure wise and with a nice pose in #3. Very nice.thumb.gif
    edited August 25, 2005
    thank you all so much for the comments, i greatly appreciate it!
  • NetgardenNetgarden Registered Users Posts: 829 Major grins
    edited August 25, 2005
    Great job, and you managed to capture a very mystical look of the model. I like the fact she wasn't smiling. it fits her.

binghott wrote:
    thank you all so much for the comments, i greatly appreciate it!
  • Ann McRaeAnn McRae Registered Users Posts: 4,584 Major grins
    edited August 25, 2005
    She is beautiful, and the lack of a smile adds mystery. You have captured her well. I actually really like her jewellery as I think it lends to the story of the photos.

My favorite is the third - it is really lovely.

The pose in #1 is a bit unsettling. The exposure in #2 is a bit washing. Otherwise, they are lovely.

ann