Paintball Opposites

GMonet71GMonet71 Registered Users Posts: 16 Big grins
edited August 24, 2005 in The Dgrin Challenges
I took this on the 20th so I can not enter it. I still wanted to post it though because I liked that it shows our sport's past and present. Also, just because it is different subject. In the foreground you have what used to be the way paintball was played. Home made obstacles usually of wood and palates. In the background you have the way paintball is played today, on air inflated bunkers. I also tried to blur portions to give an aged and outdated feeling to the foreground.

33339019-L.jpg

Comments

• SnapHappySnapHappy Registered Users Posts: 328 Major grins
    edited August 24, 2005
    I like the blurring and those shadows across the foreground, you could of course re-take the shot, therefore Qualifying for the challenge.
    The only problem I have, is as a non paint baller I don't hold any instant recognition with the subject matter and it may portray old & new rather than opposites.

If you could capture someone in action with a gun or perhaps set the shot up yourself by getting someone dressed up with a paint ball gun to pose, maybe round the corner near the staircase or running between the background. Then this would add to the picture's story.

Overall I like the shot, how did you do the blurring?

What ever you do you with this, make sure you get an entry into the challenge. We need to give some of the old timers a run for their money. :D:D:D
  • GMonet71GMonet71 Registered Users Posts: 16 Big grins
    edited August 24, 2005
    I used Photoshop CS2 and picked out a bunch of different parts I liked to blurr. I blurred the parts in varrying amounts so as to not get a staight up Blur filter effect over the whole image. Once I had a bunch of layers I liked I "mushed" em together. I am sure there is a much easier way to do this effect but I do not know alot about photoshop so it took me a long time. Basically I hacked till I got something I liked.