Options

A tricky TTD...

heatherfeatherheatherfeather Registered Users Posts: 2,738 Major grins
edited July 24, 2010 in Weddings
I met with a couple last week that really challenged me.... and I am sure you can see why.
933067479_mvytd-L.jpg
933072252_a9XXp-L.jpg

933076625_zGjPW-XL.jpg
Ha ha... yaaah... dramatic music needed for this one... (Though both of these guys are really dramatic so it sort of matches.)
933081756_tSSbE-XL.jpg
933086653_w9SnA-L.jpg
933091101_FfL3P-L.jpg
933093636_iZSea-L.jpg

I decided to go for a dramatic heroic look for this one...

933099677_MSsR5-XL.jpg

I have two more sessions scheduled with these guys... and her goal at the end of the last one is to have her gown in tatters... Should be fun but stretching, for sure. Oh and another thing about the processing... they loved the look of 300, so that is what I aimed for. Not sure if I got it, but it was fun.

C & C = Me + :lust

Comments

• Options
    ssimmonsphotossimmonsphoto Registered Users Posts: 424 Major grins
    edited July 13, 2010
    I think you did very well with it! I actually like the last one the best. I think the first two are my least favorite. #1 doesn't pop for me like the others do. And I think I'd completely clone out her bouquet stems and, potentially, the street lights in #2.

Can't wait to see what you come up with for the other shoots!
    Website (hosted by Zenfolio after 6.5 years with SmugMug) | Blog (hosted by Zenfolio) | Tave User
  • Options
    edited July 13, 2010
    ^ Yep... totally agree with you. Thanks for commenting! iloveyou.gif
  • Options
    mmmattmmmatt Registered Users Posts: 1,347 Major grins
    edited July 13, 2010
    You know there is a totally rad action called sparta right? These are great Heather! Nice flash work.

Matt
    My Smugmug site

Bodies: Canon 5d mkII, 5d, 40d
    Lenses: 24-70 f2.8L, 70-200 f4.0L, 135 f2L, 85 f1.8, 50 1.8, 100 f2.8 macro, Tamron 28-105 f2.8
    Flash: 2x 580 exII, Canon ST-E2, 2x Pocket Wizard flexTT5, and some lower end studio strobes
  • Options
    lizzard_nyclizzard_nyc Registered Users Posts: 4,056 Major grins
    edited July 13, 2010
    Really like #3--She looks quite beautiful--I think it's the look on her face and her tender hand placement. Nicely done--I also like the processing on this.

#4 works too because it lets the viewer know they are dealing with some kooky people--I like kooky:)
    Liz A.
    _________
  • Options
    Darren Troy CDarren Troy C Registered Users Posts: 1,927 Major grins
    edited July 13, 2010
    I like 7 and the last one. ...and to be honest, 4 just creeps me out. :D
  • Options
    SamSam Registered Users Posts: 7,419 Major grins
    edited July 13, 2010
    I think you did a great job. What's the challenge?

Sam
  • Options
    Ed911Ed911 Registered Users Posts: 1,306 Major grins
    edited July 13, 2010
    I like the last one...but, number three on my computer is the money shot. Her skin is so creamy nice...wow factor is high. Your post processing is first rate on your shots.

Very nice.
    Remember, no one may want you to take pictures, but they all want to see them.
    Educate yourself like you'll live forever and live like you'll die tomorrow.

Ed
  • Options
    edited July 13, 2010
    mmmatt wrote: »
    You know there is a totally rad action called sparta right? These are great Heather! Nice flash work.

Matt

I saw that, but it added waaay too much noise for my taste, and basically desaturated the reds. So this is more of a happy middle for me.
    Thanks though.
  • Options
    edited July 13, 2010
    #4 works too because it lets the viewer know they are dealing with some kooky people--I like kooky:)
    They totally are too!
    Speaking of kooky... Just before we took #4 we found a bunch of Anchorage PD that were doing support for a vigil for the homeless.... and of course I asked them if they would pose for us. Not the world's greatest photo, but fun, huh!
    933078201_yPWAR-M.jpg
  • Options
    edited July 13, 2010
    I like 7 and the last one. ...and to be honest, 4 just creeps me out. :D

Ha ha.. I guess you are a good guy, cause I suppose that was their intention.rolleyes1.gif
    Thanks for the comment! iloveyou.gif
  • Options
    edited July 13, 2010
    Ed911 wrote: »
    I like the last one...but, number three on my computer is the money shot. Her skin is so creamy nice...wow factor is high. Your post processing is first rate on your shots.

Very nice.

Thanks Ed... It is nice to hear that the processing was pretty close since #3 actually had a quite a bit. Her skin needed a lot of work, as well as fixing spillage and etc. It was a challenge to figure ot the right balance of editing for this gal. I don't believe in changing everyone to barbies... but am not adverse to "enhancing" and "hiding" a little bit....

Here is a after and before: (and if you look REALLY close, you can see some mistakes, lol)
    933076625_zGjPW-L.jpg
    933883938_XmGLH-L.jpg
  • Options
    edited July 13, 2010
    Sam wrote: »
    I think you did a great job. What's the challenge?

Sam
    Thanks... I would say the challenge was finding flattering angles that had dynamic composition. :D
  • Options
    Matthew SavilleMatthew Saville Registered Users, Retired Mod Posts: 3,352 Major grins
    edited July 14, 2010
    Shoot DOWN onto overweight subjects! In at least half these shots, you're shooting them from eye level, or even BELOW. *Why*, pray tell, are shots #2, 5, and 8 taken looking *up* at her?

Not trying to be an ass, just pushing you to do better next time! My goal is for this comment to stick in your mind the next time you shoot, instead of just getting cataloged at the back of your mind with all the other input. I have faith that you certainly can and will improve every time you shoot!

=Matt=
    My first thought is always of light.” – Galen Rowell
    My SmugMug PortfolioMy Astro-Landscape Photo BlogDgrin Weddings Forum
  • Options
    edited July 14, 2010
    Shoot DOWN onto overweight subjects! =Matt=
    Ha ha... I was waiting for someone to say that. You win the prize. rolleyes1.gif Point noted!thumb.gif
  • Options
    Matthew SavilleMatthew Saville Registered Users, Retired Mod Posts: 3,352 Major grins
    edited July 14, 2010
    Ha ha... I was waiting for someone to say that. You win the prize. rolleyes1.gif Point noted!thumb.gif
    I'm glad you saw it coming! Keep on shooting,

=Matt=
    My first thought is always of light.” – Galen Rowell
    My SmugMug PortfolioMy Astro-Landscape Photo BlogDgrin Weddings Forum
  • Options
    l.k.madisonl.k.madison Registered Users Posts: 542 Major grins
    edited July 16, 2010
    I have a wedding next weekend with a bride that is about her shape, so I'll be stealing some ideas from you :)

As always, you never disappoint!!

Saw these on FB and fell in love instantly!

Off topic, but hats off to her for having a color on her dress, it doesn't happen often, but it definitely adds a personal touch to the dress. (I had red on mine without even asking what everybody else thought, it was my dress, my day and I can wear whatever color I want)
  • Options
    imagesofhimimagesofhim Registered Users Posts: 527 Major grins
    edited July 17, 2010
    Beautiful shots. I too think the first two are the most unflattering. The third and last shots are stunning. I like what you did with her skin and the pp of the shot is superb. I can't wait to see what comes next!
    Blessings,
    Marjohn

Images of Him Photography
  • Options
    SurfdogSurfdog Registered Users Posts: 297 Major grins
    edited July 17, 2010
    Hell, you made this one look easy. Really nice shooting!
    http://www.dvivianphoto.com

Don't worry. I can fix you in photoshop.
  • Options
    trevorbtrevorb Registered Users Posts: 263 Major grins
    edited July 24, 2010
    Wow! Number three is a beautiful capture, they both look great. The reflection in #1 is outstanding.