whats the other way of enlarging in CS2 ?

gusgus Registered Users Posts: 16,209 Major grins
edited August 27, 2005 in Finishing School
I just cannot find the answer.

In my old ps6 when i was going to do some cloning etc. I would just open the Jpeg & use my mouse scroll to make it huge for some fine work.

What is that control in CS2 ?

Gus

Comments

• AndyAndy Registered Users Posts: 50,016 Major grins
    edited August 24, 2005
    Humungus wrote:
    I just cannot find the answer.

In my old ps6 when i was going to do some cloning etc. I would just open the Jpeg & use my mouse scroll to make it huge for some fine work.

What is that control in CS2 ?

Gus

ctrl+ works for me on pc version
  • AndyAndy Registered Users Posts: 50,016 Major grins
    edited August 24, 2005
  • gusgus Registered Users Posts: 16,209 Major grins
    edited August 24, 2005
    That did it..ta mate. Tks for the other stuff...every day this programme just seems to keep growing with stuff that is laying there waiting to be used.
  • XO-StudiosXO-Studios Registered Users Posts: 457 Major grins
    edited August 24, 2005
    Humungus wrote:
    That did it..ta mate. Tks for the other stuff...every day this programme just seems to keep growing with stuff that is laying there waiting to be used.
    Speaking for myself, but having heard similar things from others: It pays HUGE dividends to learn the PS keyboard shortcuts; it speeds up processing by a significant margin.

FWIW,

XO,
    You can't depend on your eyes when your imagination is out of focus.
    Mark Twain

Some times I get lucky and when that happens I show the results here: http://www.xo-studios.com
  • gusgus Registered Users Posts: 16,209 Major grins
    edited August 25, 2005
    XO-Studios wrote:
    Speaking for myself, but having heard similar things from others: It pays HUGE dividends to learn the PS keyboard shortcuts; it speeds up processing by a significant margin.

FWIW,

XO,
    I know but im a 'read a paragraph twice & then look for the key & then read the paragraph another 3 times then locate the key again' type of bloke.

I dont mind being slow.
  • XO-StudiosXO-Studios Registered Users Posts: 457 Major grins
    edited August 25, 2005
    Humungus wrote:
    I know but im a 'read a paragraph twice & then look for the key & then read the paragraph another 3 times then locate the key again' type of bloke.

I dont mind being slow.
    So what you need is:

http://www.worldtechdevices.com/photoshop.html that, or

http://www.logickeyboard.com/ that.

Enjoy,

XO,
    You can't depend on your eyes when your imagination is out of focus.
    Mark Twain

Some times I get lucky and when that happens I show the results here: http://www.xo-studios.com
  • ginger_55ginger_55 Registered Users Posts: 8,416 Major grins
    edited August 25, 2005
    humungus, in CS, I use the navigator. It is over to the right, by the histogram and stuff, if it is in CS2.

I just found it a few months ago. Does wonders for me. That key stuff drives me nuts, too. I am having enough trouble w/o learning a new language, or a third language for the PS language I am already having trouble with.

Another way I find navigator is under the windows thing on the tool bar. It, navigator, has a slider, bigger, smaller. Then you can figure it out from there.

If it is still in CS2.

ginger

(and I wish people would take it under consideration that I don't know the codes for the keys. Some of the PS how to books do. And I know that control on mac is CTRL on windows.......... Also, my keyboard is not new, and it sticks, doesn't always do what it is supposed to. Other ways are more reliable.)
    After all is said and done, it is the sweet tea.
  • John MuellerJohn Mueller Registered Users Posts: 2,555 Major grins
    edited August 25, 2005
    ginger_55 wrote:
    humungus, in CS, I use the navigator. It is over to the right, by the histogram and stuff, if it is in CS2.

I just found it a few months ago. Does wonders for me. That key stuff drives me nuts, too. I am having enough trouble w/o learning a new language, or a third language for the PS language I am already having trouble with.

Another way I find navigator is under the windows thing on the tool bar. It, navigator, has a slider, bigger, smaller. Then you can figure it out from there.

If it is still in CS2.

ginger

(and I wish people would take it under consideration that I don't know the codes for the keys. Some of the PS how to books do. And I know that control on mac is CTRL on windows.......... Also, my keyboard is not new, and it sticks, doesn't always do what it is supposed to. Other ways are more reliable.)
    15524779-Ti.gif and its in cs2
  • pathfinderpathfinder Super Moderators Posts: 14,703 moderator
    edited August 25, 2005
    XO-Studios wrote:

FWIW,

XO,

Absolutely!! 15524779-Ti.gif15524779-Ti.gif Much faster to use the keyboard commands - makes a mouse seem glacial :):
    Pathfinder - www.pathfinder.smugmug.com

Moderator of the Technique Forum and Finishing School on Dgrin
  • DavidTODavidTO Registered Users, Retired Mod Posts: 19,160 Major grins
    edited August 25, 2005
    Didja know that whilst zoomed in you can press the space bar to temporarily get the hand and you can drag the image without losing your tool? Meaning, as soon as you release the space bar, you go back to the tool you were using.
    Moderator Emeritus
    Dgrin FAQ | Me | Workshops
  • colourboxcolourbox Registered Users Posts: 2,095 Major grins
    edited August 25, 2005
    pathfinder wrote:
    Absolutely!! Much faster to use the keyboard commands - makes a mouse seem glacial :):

Yes, the mouse is for ease of use, but keyboard shortcuts are for speed. If shortcuts are intimidating, you don't have to learn them all at once. Just notice which actions you do repetitively, learn a couple of those, and add a few more every other day or so. And if you really hate a shortcut, don't forget Photoshop has a keyboard shortcut editor so you can change the ones you don't like. Also if you want a shortcut reference, the shortcut editor can generate an HTML page you can bookmark, a list of whatever the current shortcuts are (in case you customized them). You can print that page if you are into paper.
    edited August 25, 2005
    Check out this thread.
    Moderator Emeritus
  • NikolaiNikolai Registered Users Posts: 19,035 Major grins
    edited August 25, 2005
    And even better
    DavidTO wrote:
    Didja know that whilst zoomed in you can press the space bar to temporarily get the hand and you can drag the image without losing your tool? Meaning, as soon as you release the space bar, you go back to the tool you were using.
    • Pressing Ctrl+Space while using the mouse gives you an instant "zoom rectangle".
    • To adjust zoom press Ctrl+"+" or Ctrl+ "-"
    • Ctrl+0 - fill the screen with the picture (if possible, it does not go above 100%)
    • Ctrl+Alt+0 - zoom to 100%
    HTH
    "May the f/stop be with you!"
    edited August 25, 2005
    Nikolai wrote:
    • Pressing Ctrl+Space while using the mouse gives you an instant "zoom rectangle".
    • To adjust zoom press Ctrl+"+" or Ctrl+ "-"
    • Ctrl+0 - fill the screen with the picture (if possible, it does not go above 100%)
    • Ctrl+Alt+0 - zoom to 100%
    HTH

For those of you who don't understand this strange language that Nikolai is speaking, no it's not Russian, it's a strange language called wind-doze.

Anyway, for the Mac cognoscenti, when he says "control" he means command and the strange "alt" he refers to is the option key.

Hope that cleared it up for you.
    Moderator Emeritus
  • NikolaiNikolai Registered Users Posts: 19,035 Major grins
    edited August 25, 2005
    Thanks, Dave!
    DavidTO wrote:
    For those of you who don't understand this strange language that Nikolai is speaking, no it's not Russian, it's a strange language called wind-doze.

Anyway, for the Mac cognoscenti, when he says "control" he means command and the strange "alt" he refers to is the option key.

Hope that cleared it up for you.
    I appreciate the effort of translatingthumb.gif
    I'd love to provide bilingual hints, but I don't have propeller symbol on my char map:-)
    Cheers, mate!1drink.gif
    Did you see my latest tests? Same place.. http://nik.smugmug.com/gallery/758488
    "May the f/stop be with you!"
    edited August 26, 2005
    Nikolai wrote:
    Did you see my latest tests? Same place.. http://nik.smugmug.com/gallery/758488

Looks like you're getting the hang of it!
    Moderator Emeritus
  • nikshooternikshooter Registered Users Posts: 3 Beginner grinner
    edited August 26, 2005
    You can still use your mouse scroll to enlarge. Go to EDIT>PREFERENCES>GENERAL and make sure that the check box "Zoom with scroll wheel" is checked.
  • digismiledigismile Registered Users Posts: 955 Major grins
    edited August 27, 2005
    nikshooter wrote:
    You can still use your mouse scroll to enlarge. Go to EDIT>PREFERENCES>GENERAL and make sure that the check box "Zoom with scroll wheel" is checked.
    And if you don't have this preference checked, hold the ALT key with the scroll wheel, to zoom in and out.