This should shake things up!

MalteMalte Registered Users Posts: 1,181 Major grins
edited July 14, 2010 in Cameras

Comments

• ziggy53ziggy53 Super Moderators Posts: 24,078 moderator
    edited July 14, 2010
    Panasonic was technically first to "announce" the concept, with the AG-AF100, but this price point from Sony is pretty exciting. Great catch. thumb.gifclap
    ziggy53
    Moderator of the Cameras and Accessories forums
  • MalteMalte Registered Users Posts: 1,181 Major grins
    edited July 14, 2010
    ziggy53 wrote: »
    Panasonic was technically first to "announce" the concept, with the AG-AF100, but this price point from Sony is pretty exciting. Great catch. thumb.gifclap

Ziggy, do you know if these E-mount lenses will fit on the Alpha DSLR's? Is E-mount comparable to EF-S in this way, meaning E-mount is for crop sensor and A-mount is for everything?

Malte
    edited July 14, 2010
  • ivarivar Registered Users Posts: 8,395 Major grins
    edited July 14, 2010
    Other than that the physical shape is different from a DSLR and more geared towards filming, how is this better/nicer/more useable than say my 5d2?
    edited July 14, 2010
    ivar wrote: »
    Other than that the physical shape is different from a DSLR and more geared towards filming, how is this better/nicer/more useable than say my 5d2?

Well... it isn't. That's why I want Canon to make one... that is! :D

I just want to see still and video cameras merge and be great at doing both. That's where my excitement comes from.

Malte
  • borrowlenses.comborrowlenses.com Registered Users Posts: 441 Major grins
    edited July 14, 2010
    Wow -- had not seen this. Pretty interesting for sure.
    http://www.BorrowLenses.com
    Your professional online camera gear rental store

Follow us on Facebook
    http://www.facebook.com/borrowlenses
  • OverfocusedOverfocused Registered Users Posts: 1,068 Major grins
    edited July 14, 2010
    That thing is sexy. Rawr.
    edited July 14, 2010
    ivar wrote: »

I suspect that the AF section will be more like a traditional camcorder and better than the average video dSLR. I also hope that this camcorder will record in a long format. Most dSLRs that record video are limited in file size and/or time per video segment.

Until one of the review sites gets their hands on one and makes comparisons I can't get too excited.

A FF imager in a camcorder body style with decent AF and long format recording capabilities and 2 channel sound with selectable audio gain and visible VU meters and dual XLR inputs and adjustable coring and adjustable knee with 1080 in 24p/25p/30p/60i and large batteries with long run times (along with lots of other stuff), all for $2000USD ... now that, I could get excited over.
    ziggy53
    edited July 14, 2010
    Malte wrote: »
    Ziggy, do you know if these E-mount lenses will fit on the Alpha DSLR's? Is E-mount comparable to EF-S in this way, meaning E-mount is for crop sensor and A-mount is for everything?

Malte

Sorry, I am not that familiar with the Sony line of products and their compatibilities between formats. Maybe one of the Sony shooters will chime in.
    ziggy53
  • AlbertZeroKAlbertZeroK Registered Users Posts: 217 Major grins
    edited July 14, 2010
    WOWity Wow Wow Wow!
    Canon 50D and 2x T2i's // 2x 580ex II // FlexTT5's & MiniTT1's
    EFS 17-55 f/2.8 & 10-22 // Sigma 30mm f/1.4 & 50mm f/1.4
    Sigma Bigma OS // Canon 70-200 IS f/2.8
  • rontront Registered Users Posts: 1,473 Major grins
    edited July 14, 2010
    I know that in order to use the A-mount lenses on the E-mount NEX cameras you need this adapter, http://www.onecall.com/product/Sony/LA-EA1/Adapter-Ring/_/R-104837
    So I am guessing that the you may need an adapter for this application also.

Ron
    "The question is not what you look at, but what you see". Henry David Thoreau

http://ront.smugmug.com/
    Nikon D600, Nikon 85 f/1.8G, Nikon 24-120mm f/4, Nikon 70-300, Nikon SB-700, Canon S95