Fireworks - Sittin' in da front row....

OhEddieOhEddie Registered Users Posts: 337 Major grins
edited July 19, 2010 in Other Cool Shots
We had good seats at the 4th of July fireworks at Lake Winnepesaukah in North Georgia.

(1)
924001993_hXpmG-XL-1.jpg

(2)
924007278_sh85B-XL-1.jpg

(3)
924006857_NEFkM-XL-1.jpg

(4)
924002312_ckSnX-XL-1.jpg

(5)
924006123_gJL7T-XL-1.jpg

(6)
924004211_ufh2w-XL-1.jpg

(7)
924004597_MCae2-XL-1.jpg

(8)
924000838_dmNJC-XL-1.jpg

Hope you enjoyed the show as much as we did.
Blessed are those who remain flexible, for they shall not get bent out of shape.

Comments

• RidgetopRidgetop Registered Users Posts: 214 Major grins
    edited July 15, 2010
    Almost too close for the fireworks shots by themselves but fantastic for shots like the last one. Now for the fireworks display itself, I'm envious :). What a great place to be!
  • r3t1awr3ydr3t1awr3yd Registered Users Posts: 1,000 Major grins
    edited July 15, 2010
    I love the first and the last. The other shots? Pretty standard. Those shots?! Great add of an element that people often forget :D

Hi! I'm Wally: website | blog | facebook | IG | scotchNsniff
    Nikon addict. D610, Tok 11-16, Sig 24-35, Nik 24-70/70-200vr
  • banditbandit Registered Users Posts: 59 Big grins
    edited July 17, 2010
    hi thanks for sharing with us

i think number 5 is my upmost favorite i love the colours in the sky well done
    Just a normal guy who see's eveything as one big picture (just wish my memory card was big enough lol)
  • jpcjpc Registered Users Posts: 840 Major grins
    edited July 18, 2010
    I work for a fireworks production company and I can tell you that you were WAY too close to the mortars. It was irresponsible for you to be allowed to sit that close. Fireworks don't always do exactly what they're supposed to, and if there had been an accidental detonation, you and the kids in front of you could have been seriously injured. It's cool to be that close, until it all of a sudden it sucks. Your pictures would also have been better from another 200 feet away.
  • r3t1awr3ydr3t1awr3yd Registered Users Posts: 1,000 Major grins
    edited July 19, 2010
    jpc wrote: »
    I work for a fireworks production company and I can tell you that you were WAY too close to the mortars. It was irresponsible for you to be allowed to sit that close. Fireworks don't always do exactly what they're supposed to, and if there had been an accidental detonation, you and the kids in front of you could have been seriously injured. It's cool to be that close, until it all of a sudden it sucks. Your pictures would also have been better from another 200 feet away.

Doubly lucky that he caught those beauties then!!

(Safety first though!! I get it thumb.gif)

Hi! I'm Wally: website | blog | facebook | IG | scotchNsniff
    Nikon addict. D610, Tok 11-16, Sig 24-35, Nik 24-70/70-200vr
  • OhEddieOhEddie Registered Users Posts: 337 Major grins
    edited July 19, 2010
    jpc wrote: »

Thanks for your concerns. I understand that pyrotechnics are dangerous substances that must always be treated with the utmost respect and with the proper training. The only people allowed in this area were the Fire Marshall, the family members of the pyrotechnicians, and me.

We are not as close as it appears in the photos.

And I trusted these guys, who do this for a living, to make sure we were at a safe distance. Not to mention that if we moved back any further we would have been in the woods.

My pictures would have been better if I had used my 11-16 Tokina instead of my 17-55 Nikkor. Hope to do better next year :D
    Blessed are those who remain flexible, for they shall not get bent out of shape.