Options

MOO + Smugmug = Awesomeness

PrezwoodzPrezwoodz Registered Users Posts: 1,147 Major grins
edited August 1, 2010 in Mind Your Own Business
Just wanted to say I was sifting around and saw that Smugmug partnered with a printing company called Moo. John and I have been printing our own cards for a while because we have a different picture on each card but have not really found a good way to print it affordably and with a good product. Moo lets you do all that directly in connection with your smugmug! I just got my first box of 50 (which were free for some reason!?) and they are amazing. The card stock should be labeled "credit card" with the thickness of the paper and the quality is perfect. I have to go order more now in fact because everyone wants one of my cards! Some are requesting more then one!

Horray for Smugmug!

Comments

• Options
    AndyAndy Registered Users Posts: 50,016 Major grins
    edited July 15, 2010
    Prezwoodz wrote: »
    (which were free for some reason!?)

Announced in our release notes and on your news page:
    http://www.smugmug.com/news/

thumb.gif thanks! So glad you like the cards!
  • Options
    schmooschmoo Registered Users Posts: 8,468 Major grins
    edited July 15, 2010
    Just wanted to say I was sifting around and saw that Smugmug partnered with a printing company called Moo. John and I have been printing our own cards for a while because we have a different picture on each card but have not really found a good way to print it affordably and with a good product. Moo lets you do all that directly in connection with your smugmug! I just got my first box of 50 (which were free for some reason!?) and they are amazing. The card stock should be labeled "credit card" with the thickness of the paper and the quality is perfect. I have to go order more now in fact because everyone wants one of my cards! Some are requesting more then one!

Horray for Smugmug!

Go go go!! I still have your cards and I loved that they were all different. And I don't think you could get sturdier, smoother, better card stock than what MOO offers.
  • Options
    liflanderliflander Registered Users Posts: 339 Major grins
    edited July 15, 2010
    Re: MOO + Smugmug = Awesomeness
    I'm on my 4th or 5th reorder of moo cards. Got hooked on the minicards. People love em!

LiflanderPhotography.com
  • Options
    NjordanNjordan Registered Users Posts: 48 Big grins
    edited July 15, 2010

Horray for Smugmug!

They are awesome cards.

I need to try out the minicards as well. Going through my 50 a lot faster than I thought I would! Great conversation starters (and extenders!).
  • Options
    SimpsonBrothersSimpsonBrothers Registered Users Posts: 1,079 Major grins
    edited July 15, 2010
    Awesome! Just ordered 100 mini cards :)
  • Options
    Photog4ChristPhotog4Christ Registered Users Posts: 716 Major grins
    edited July 16, 2010
    liflander wrote: »
    I'm on my 4th or 5th reorder of moo cards. Got hooked on the minicards. People love em!

LiflanderPhotography.com

Yeah... I have minicards set out at an area business that is displaying my images. The owner tells me "Everyone loves your business cards!" I would love it if they would buy prints! :D
  • Options
    PrezwoodzPrezwoodz Registered Users Posts: 1,147 Major grins
    edited July 16, 2010
    Thanks again Andy and the Smuggy team! THats super cool about the free pack!

I am going to have to try the minicards next! Got my first job since the accident here in about 2 hours. For the most part I can lift my right arm but its pretty useless still! It's the first opportunity I have had to show off my cards though!
  • Options
    SnowgirlSnowgirl Registered Users Posts: 2,155 Major grins
    edited July 17, 2010
    Minicards are the proverbial cat's behind! People love them. I use them as a marketing tool this way:

Depending on to whom I'm talking, I offer them an appropriate business card. For example, if I'm talking to someone about doing family portraits, I give them the card with a family portrait on it. If someone is looking for an event shooter, I show them a card with an event shot. etc. etc. Makes it SO much easier - like having a mini customer-specific portfolio - with your contact info on it!

Been using them for a couple of years and think they're fantastic!
    Creating visual and verbal images that resonate with you.
    http://www.imagesbyceci.com
    http://www.facebook.com/ImagesByCeci
    Picadilly, NB, Canada
  • Options
    PattiPatti Registered Users Posts: 1,576 Major grins
    edited July 17, 2010
    Just ordered some. It went pretty smoothly overall.
    The use of a camera is similar to that of a knife. You can use it to peel potatoes, or carve a flute. ~ E. Kahlmeyer
    ... I'm still peeling potatoes.

patti hinton photography
  • Options
    PattiPatti Registered Users Posts: 1,576 Major grins
    edited July 29, 2010
    My cards arrived today. The quality is great. Some of the photos seem a bit dark but I'm sure that's my fault.
    The use of a camera is similar to that of a knife. You can use it to peel potatoes, or carve a flute. ~ E. Kahlmeyer
    ... I'm still peeling potatoes.

patti hinton photography
  • Options
    AndyAndy Registered Users Posts: 50,016 Major grins
    edited July 29, 2010
    Patti wrote: »
    My cards arrived today. The quality is great. Some of the photos seem a bit dark but I'm sure that's my fault.

Not an uncommon problem!

http://www.smugmug.com/help/print-problems
    http://www.smugmug.com/help/too-dark
  • Options
    MOOHQMOOHQ Registered Users Posts: 33 Big grins
    edited July 30, 2010

Horray for Smugmug!

Hi there-

Just spotted this thread and we're so happy you like your cards. And thanks for the marketing suggestion and for making us smile here at MOO HQ (re: 'credit card'!!!) I'll pass along to our product team :)

Rebeka from the MOO Crew
  • Options
    BradfordBennBradfordBenn Registered Users Posts: 2,506 Major grins
    edited August 1, 2010
    Mine showed up and look great. I handed them out and have been getting lots of positive comments. I thought the images I sent were going to be too bright, but they turned out good. The color I got wrong, the grey printing I created... rolleyes1.gif
    -=Bradford

Pictures | Website | Blog | Twitter | Contact