GreenFlag RC Racetrack

toybreaker71toybreaker71 Registered Users Posts: 18 Big grins
edited July 16, 2010 in Other Cool Shots
I liked this one but wanted to know what ya all thought.
C&C please
935850177_YcudK-XL.jpg

Comments

• TonyCooperTonyCooper Registered Users Posts: 2,276 Major grins
    edited July 16, 2010
    I don't see the point of interest here. The sign and the bright spot seem to be what you were after, but why?
    Tony Cooper - Orlando, Florida
    http://tonycooper.smugmug.com/
  • toybreaker71toybreaker71 Registered Users Posts: 18 Big grins
    edited July 16, 2010
    TonyCooper wrote: »
    I don't see the point of interest here. The sign and the bright spot seem to be what you were after, but why?

hmm..well when i took the shot the elements that caught my eye and told me, "take this shot" was the sky, another outdoor racetrack, sun had just gone down the light in the corner i had hoped to have a bit more umph. I assume when you say "i don't see the point of interest" you are asking "what the heck are taking a picture of?" good question. I think I liked the colors to be honest. Colors do not make a good photograph is what i think i have learned here. Since i am having such a hard time describing the "point of interest" should be a sign to myself. would you agree?
    When you take a picture do you think "this is my point of interest" and then frame your shot around that?
  • jpcjpc Registered Users Posts: 840 Major grins
    edited July 16, 2010
    I'm expecting some kind of irony that has to do with the sign, since it's so prominent; like maybe a red flag flying in the background.
  • toybreaker71toybreaker71 Registered Users Posts: 18 Big grins
    edited July 16, 2010
    jpc wrote: »
    I'm expecting some kind of irony that has to do with the sign, since it's so prominent; like maybe a red flag flying in the background.

I have been thinking about what Tony said, I think it would mostly be a decent promotional shot for the track or the race series, not such a great shot in general. I really need to ponder this i think when it comes to "what am i trying to show". i know the feelings of the day and what happened there that day and all the ambient stuff but this pic does not convey that.