Options

Something different....?

NetgardenNetgarden Registered Users Posts: 829 Major grins
edited August 26, 2005 in Holy Macro
Well maybe not here:wink I wanted the photo to look real. Bought a little $8 vase and lit a candle...I added the animation tute below as well.
33308958-M.gif

If anyone wants to know how to make the flame, just yell...

And here is my bee shot of the week:
33413430-L.jpg

Comments

• Options
    bfjrbfjr Registered Users Posts: 10,980 Major grins
    edited August 25, 2005
    Evening Linda missed seeing you post in awhile
    1st one is great what a cool effect
    now that
    2nd one just Rocks!! thumb.gif
    WTG
  • Options
    AndyAndy Registered Users Posts: 50,016 Major grins
    edited August 25, 2005
    wave.gif hiya linda :D lovey vase & bee thumb.gif
  • Options
    edited August 25, 2005
    Hi Ben and Andy, thanks for the looky!
    Hey Ben, my hard drive is thrilled that I threw away all but one bee shot taken yesterday!rolleyes1.gif Happy with one, though...ne_nau.gif
  • Options
    pathfinderpathfinder Super Moderators Posts: 14,697 moderator
    edited August 25, 2005
    Nice shots - And now I'm YELLING :D:D You offered - now you really have to show the thread how you did it. Remember - you volunteered rolleyes1.gifrolleyes1.gif
    Pathfinder - www.pathfinder.smugmug.com

Moderator of the Technique Forum and Finishing School on Dgrin
  • Options
    edited August 25, 2005
    pathfinder wrote:
    Nice shots - And now I'm YELLING :D:D You offered - now you really have to show the thread how you did it. Remember - you volunteered rolleyes1.gifrolleyes1.gif
    OKOK, dragged me into it kicking feet...lol
    Its really easy with Animation shop. Just make your photo ready, [keep 'em small because of the multi-frames] I Optimize or make for web to reduce bytes when finished with the main photo, in your photo program, I use PSP9.

Then in your workspace, duplicate 2 more times so you have 3 images. On THE FIRST photo take the surround [freehand]tool, surround a small area that might flicker. Then go to Brightness/Contrast, lighten slightly just that small area in crawling ants. Right click or select none to stop the ants, after lightening.

Do the same to the last two images, only in a different area of the candle. Surround in a jagged manner so its not so obvious.

Click on first image to activate it.Go to-Edit/Copy/ then go to Animation Shop workspace-Click Edit/'Paste as a new Animation', the first image.
    Go back to PSP or PS. activate [click]2nd Image- Edit/copy/-go to Animation workspace-Edit/paste SECOND image "after current frame"
    Same to the third photo.
    will look like this:
    33532756-L.jpg

Adjust/slow your flame flicker, by going to Animation/Frame Properties/raise the numbers to around 30 for slower flame.[if you want to slow all the flickers choose "Select all" in the Edit menu first.

Optimize the image choosing medium bytes reduction, in File/Optimation Wizard. Save it and upload it.[will already be made a gif in the Optimation Wizard.
    Thats it!
    I hope this is similar to other animation programs, and can be adjusted accordingly.
  • Options
    edited August 26, 2005
    I added the tutorial above for the flame animation. I guess I can't change the title, so bringing this up for Pathfinder.

If someone wants to move this post to a better forum for tutes, please feel free.