lightroom RAW & JPG

rickprickp Registered Users Posts: 346 Major grins
edited July 19, 2010 in Finishing School
I've taken some images in RAW and JPG and imported them into my lightroom catalog.
When I open the images in the Library mode the information for each file shows both formats under one file.
When I edit the image I assume I'm editing the RAW image how can I delete the non edited format, at this point I don't need both.

Thanks
R.
Canon 5DMk II | 70-200mm f2.8 IS USM | 24-105mm f4.0 IS USM | 85mm f1.8 prime.

Comments

• pathfinderpathfinder Super Moderators Posts: 14,703 moderator
    edited July 19, 2010
    Right click on the image, and a dialogue box opens with one of the choices being delete this file and then offers file removal from the catalogue, or the hard drive. So you can remove any single ( or multiple ) file whenever you wish.
    Pathfinder - www.pathfinder.smugmug.com

Moderator of the Technique Forum and Finishing School on Dgrin
  • rickprickp Registered Users Posts: 346 Major grins
    edited July 19, 2010
    Right, but that removes both files, what if I want to remove the JPG file or the RAW file only.

Also, I'm assuming the file I edited is the RAW version can anyone confirm that?? The file I want to remove is the non edited version. If both files are edited, then I'll have to think about it. I just want to know how to get to that point.

R.
  • pathfinderpathfinder Super Moderators Posts: 14,703 moderator
    edited July 19, 2010
    I think it will only remove the selected jpg, but not the RAW file.

If you import both a Raw file and a jpg you should see both in your film strip or the overall light table view.
    Pathfinder - www.pathfinder.smugmug.com

Moderator of the Technique Forum and Finishing School on Dgrin
  • Art ScottArt Scott Registered Users Posts: 8,959 Major grins
    edited July 19, 2010
    rickp wrote: »
    Right, but that removes both files, what if I want to remove the JPG file or the RAW file only.

Also, I'm assuming the file I edited is the RAW version can anyone confirm that?? The file I want to remove is the non edited version. If both files are edited, then I'll have to think about it. I just want to know how to get to that point.

R.

So far this has only delted the highlighted file, unless both were highlighted..........another thing to do is to put the jpgs in a folder by themselves so that LR will not import them................
    "Genuine Fractals was, is and will always be the best solution for enlarging digital photos." ....Vincent Versace ... ... COPYRIGHT YOUR WORK ONLINE ... ... My Website

• rickprickp Registered Users Posts: 346 Major grins
    edited July 19, 2010
    I found out how to deal with it a bit. In the preferences there's a check box with the option to show both files next to each other. So i did that, then from there it was easy. I just deleted the ones I didn't need or want.

R.