I B I S

Osprey WhispererOsprey Whisperer Registered Users Posts: 3,803 Major grins
edited August 25, 2005 in Wildlife
A few pics of the local I B I S hanging out in the backyard....yet again. icon10.gif

WoOoOot

BMP

47349844.jpg

48186189.jpg

48186191.jpg

48186192.jpg

48186193.jpg

48186194.jpg

48186195.jpg

48186196.jpg

48186198.jpg
Mike McCarthy

"Osprey Whisperer"

OspreyWhisperer.com

Comments

• HarrybHarryb Registered Users, Retired Mod Posts: 22,708 Major grins
    edited August 25, 2005
    Excellent flight shots Mike. You have to get better and get out of that yard. I can't wait to see what you do in other locations.
    Harry
    http://behret.smugmug.com/ NANPA member
    How many photographers does it take to change a light bulb? 50. One to change the bulb, and forty-nine to say, "I could have done that better!"
  • Osprey WhispererOsprey Whisperer Registered Users Posts: 3,803 Major grins
    edited August 25, 2005
    Thanks Harry. I get the feeling it might be a while...since surgery isn't scheduled until the 2nd of September. Then I think it will be at least a week or two on crutches?? ne_nau.gif Probably a good month before I'm walking around like "normal" **fingers crossed**. I really do need to get out. rolleyes1.gif Honestly..though...if I didn't tell you they were in the backyard EVERY TIME...would you really know? headscratch.gifthumb.gif

I can't complain. Seems many are not so lucky to have a roof top full of night herons...trees full of egrets and ibis..and a canal with great blues flying down it. clap.gif Throw in the tree rats, spiders and snakes..and it's like being at the zoo. eek7.gif

Cheers

Backyard Mike
    Mike McCarthy

"Osprey Whisperer"

OspreyWhisperer.com
  • gsgarygsgary Registered Users Posts: 1,350 Major grins
    edited August 25, 2005
    Great shots all i get in my back garden are sparrows:cry
  • ginger_55ginger_55 Registered Users Posts: 8,416 Major grins
    edited August 25, 2005
    Really good IBIS shots, bird man.

ginger
    After all is said and done, it is the sweet tea.
  • Steve CaviglianoSteve Cavigliano Super Moderators Posts: 3,599 moderator
    edited August 25, 2005
    Really nice work Mike thumb.gifthumb.gif If this is another example of what you shoot in your backyard, I can't wait to see what you come up with when you are able to travel a bit. Like to the neighbor's backyard....lol

Personally, if I was getting all this action in my backyard I'd seldom leave home....Laughing.gif

You and that Harry fella really chap my behind lol3.gif

Super shots and thanks for sharing :D

Steve
    SmugMug Support Hero
  • ehughesehughes Registered Users Posts: 1,675 Major grins
    edited August 25, 2005
    Great shots Mike, I really like that first shot...

Ed
  • KhaosKhaos Registered Users Posts: 2,435 Major grins
    edited August 25, 2005
    Stellar BIFs. I agree with Ed. That first shot is nice. The angle of the terrain works well and the dark background accentuates a very nicely exposed bird.thumb.gifthumb.gif
  • Osprey WhispererOsprey Whisperer Registered Users Posts: 3,803 Major grins
    edited August 25, 2005
    Hey everyone....thanks, comments greatly appreciated as is the viewing of my shots. Hope you all enjoy them. I sure enjoy taking them....despite the difficulty of shooting in the backyard with a beer in one hand. eek7.gif1drink.gifthumb.gif (jk) Beer and cameras DON'T MIX. rolleyes1.gif

Thanks for looking.

Cheers

BMP
    Mike McCarthy

"Osprey Whisperer"

OspreyWhisperer.com